My On-Off switch for my M2 24v

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
Spotopolis

Re: My On-Off switch for my M2 24v

Post by Spotopolis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:47 pm

I have seen the Wemo wall switches online, but not in person, so I can't verify if they are actually out or not. The idea of a button on the unit would be very smart. I like that my plug-in Wemo has a button on it to control it for times I don't have my phone on me.

My cameras are Logitech 525 HD units and the resolution is impressive. I use Ivideon for the video streaming on the web. It's free and I can not only see my prints in progress, but can also share the link to show friends and family that want to watch it print too.

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:57 pm

Oh, and night vision would be awesome too! Instead, I bought a 16 foot flexible color-changing LED strip with a 44 button remote control from Amazon and lined the inner walls of the printer with it. I didn't use the whole strip, but I lined the left, right and top sides with two strips each (in one continuous length) so I can turn off the room lights and still see my prints. What's nice is that there are no shadows since the light is coming from everywhere.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:13 am

Are you saying that it does have a toggle button on the unit? If that's the case I will definitely order one. Which model do you have?

I already have an HD camera with IR for when I turn the lights off. I was just wondering if the Wemo camera had IR.
Spotopolis wrote:I have seen the Wemo wall switches online, but not in person, so I can't verify if they are actually out or not. The idea of a button on the unit would be very smart. I like that my plug-in Wemo has a button on it to control it for times I don't have my phone on me.

My cameras are Logitech 525 HD units and the resolution is impressive. I use Ivideon for the video streaming on the web. It's free and I can not only see my prints in progress, but can also share the link to show friends and family that want to watch it print too.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 am

I have the LED's, but prefer the IR since it's invisible. The IR LED's on my camera are a little too strong (or too close to the printer) so they are over exposing the video, I have to play around with maybe covering a few of them to get better exposure. Especially with white PLA the camera goes nuts from the reflection of the IR.

EDIT: I still use the LED's though when I want to take a quick look at the print, or see it in color instead of under the IR lighting.

Spotopolis wrote:Oh, and night vision would be awesome too! Instead, I bought a 16 foot flexible color-changing LED strip with a 44 button remote control from Amazon and lined the inner walls of the printer with it. I didn't use the whole strip, but I lined the left, right and top sides with two strips each (in one continuous length) so I can turn off the room lights and still see my prints. What's nice is that there are no shadows since the light is coming from everywhere.
jdacal

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 pm

The plug-in unit I have does have a toggle button on it so I can switch it on or off without having to use the phone. I don't have a model number since I'm not home to check, but I think all the plug-in units have it.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:51 am

Spotopolis wrote:The plug-in unit I have does have a toggle button on it so I can switch it on or off without having to use the phone. I don't have a model number since I'm not home to check, but I think all the plug-in units have it.
Cool!. I'll be getting one soon as i get back from my business trip. Thanks for confirming. All the descriptions i read seemed to suggest that what looks like a button on top was actually just a status indicator.
jdacal