Mic 6 tooling plate

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
wwwyzard

Re: Mic 6 tooling plate

Post by wwwyzard » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:05 am

jimc wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:25 pm
i havent been on the forum other than a couple times the past year myself. i still use mic6 with hairspray on both my printers. wouldnt use anything else. it works for pretty much everything. as for the flatness, its probably not your build platform. you need to shim the x-rail to match the plate. not in all but in most cases its not the plate, its the rail that gets a very slight bow downward in the center. believe it or not, this is from the belt tension. the tighter the belt the more it will bow down in the middle. usually when anyone complains about the flatness the gap is usually tight in the center and bigger gap around the perimeter. in any case, get some shim stock, loosen the rail and shim it to match the plate
Oh man, what about the difference of bow between my 2 glass plates when swapping, or the shim_master_plate broke... I may need a more permanent alternative to the glass, would you by chance have an extry 8x10 mic 6 you'd be willing to part with? I'll toss ya whatever for the parts/S&H(OH) if so.

jimc

Post by jimc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm

i dont. i quit making those some years ago. insta took over for awhile. not sure if he still does that. for the shimming, it doesnt need to be dead nuts on both plates. just split the difference. if you can get them within .05, that should be good.

insta

Post by insta » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:37 am

I found a handful of 7.75 x 10" MIC6 plates, about 4 left. mic6 [at] pingring.org if you want one.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org