Firmware Download

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
jimc

Re: Firmware Download

Post by jimc » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 am

dale turned me on to these. i bought a couple of them. they work great and take pwm really well so you get a wide speed range instead of just off and on. shipping was really quick.

http://www.3dmakerworld.com/store/parts ... ll-bearing

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:03 am

Nice, yeah at that price might as well get more than one. Thanks!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Yeah, these fans are ball-bearing type, so they should last a long time in any orientation. The sleeve bearing ones can have a pretty short life when installed horizontally, IIRC. I bought 6 when I bought mine. I use one in the electronics enclosure and one at the extruder and kept the parallel wiring that was in my 19V/12V M2 when I upgraded to 24V. That way I could also install LEDs in parallel with them -- hence my little shelf angle bracket for mounting the 50mm fan http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:348480 .

I probably only have one or two of the fans remaining. I've gotten very good at modifying their blade count using the M3 hex driver. :-(
Dale

insta

Post by insta » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:31 pm

I discovered that the filament guide tube is positioned perfectly to loop the plastic straight up and over into your filament drive's fan while loading it :lol:
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Vprints

Post by Vprints » Fri May 15, 2015 8:12 pm

pyronaught wrote:I'm going to mod that motor mount again and move the cable mount to the right side so that the cables don't have to cross from left to right behind the filament tube.
Funny, I just did this a couple weeks ago -- after a short in the thermistor, I noticed the wiring was jumping up with every retraction. It makes a HUGE difference -- there's no more rubbing, and no need for such a sharp bend coming out of the mount. I'll post a pic after I remember to take one...
-Vprints

Changing my world, one print at a time

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Sun May 17, 2015 2:33 am

Vprints wrote:
pyronaught wrote:I'm going to mod that motor mount again and move the cable mount to the right side so that the cables don't have to cross from left to right behind the filament tube.
Funny, I just did this a couple weeks ago -- after a short in the thermistor, I noticed the wiring was jumping up with every retraction. It makes a HUGE difference -- there's no more rubbing, and no need for such a sharp bend coming out of the mount. I'll post a pic after I remember to take one...
Yep, those were the two things I wanted to avoid too-- the sharp bend and the rubbing against the filament tube. I haven't got around to doing this yet though. It would be nice to hide the wires completely too, but that can be a difficult thing.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.