Firmware Download

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
pyronaught

Firmware Download

Post by pyronaught » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:21 am

Where can I download the version of Marlin that the M2 is running? I could not find any links for this on the Makergear website. There must be something wrong with the search engine on this forum because if I search on "marlin download" it only finds two posts, and I'm sure I'm not the first person who has ever asked this question.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

jimc

Re: Firmware Download

Post by jimc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:40 am

its on their wiki

http://makergear.wikidot.com/m2

you just have to pick the right one. there are 4 versions i think. your should be one of the 24r versions....i think. assuming yours is 24v.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:31 pm

Thanks. I found that page yesterday using google, but it would not load. Today it loads though, so not sure what that was all about.

I finally got around to changing the temp sensor #0 to type 5 for my v6 upgrade. I think with the type 1 it runs hotter than what the temp readout says.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:52 am

BTW Jim, I printed out your v6 filament drive and fan cover, but my v6 won't fit in the filament drive. The top slot doesn't have the clearance for the nub that ticks out on top the v6, and the top heat sink fin hits the bottom of the part so that the bottom ring can't fit in either. The stock filament drive for the M2 actually had a taller slot than the modified one does. I guess all v6s aren't created equal. Is the e3d_filament_drive.stl part posted in Rhino or IGES format anywhere so I can edit it? I only see .stl files on your thingiverse page.

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:58 am

Did you get the right drive? There is one for the v5 and v6. You would be the first one i have heard say it didnt fit. I know the v6 wont fit in the v5 drive. The hot end should be a nice snap fit

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 am

Ah, that's what happened. I had the files for both v5 and v6 piled into the same directory, and the one for v5 didn't have "v5" as part of the name and I didn't notice the other one called e3dv6_drive.stl so I wound up printing the wrong one.

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:27 am

Ok good to hear. Should fit really nice in the v6 drive. I also recommend drilling the filament path out with a 2mm bit to make sure its smooth and round.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:25 pm

jimc wrote:Ok good to hear. Should fit really nice in the v6 drive. I also recommend drilling the filament path out with a 2mm bit to make sure its smooth and round.
Yeah, it fits perfect now and looks a lot nicer than that setup I was using previously. I'm going to mod that motor mount again and move the cable mount to the right side so that the cables don't have to cross from left to right behind the filament tube. Should be able to get some cleaner looking cable management that way, and I can merge the cable clamp with the anti-spin brace I added in the previous mod to keep the clamp arm from cracking so easily. A zip tie slot built into the hot end cooling fan cover would help too.

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Yes i agree. The cables there always need a little help. Just havent done anything with it because i am always swapping hot ends so tywrapping for me is a waste.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:06 pm

jimc wrote:Yes i agree. The cables there always need a little help. Just havent done anything with it because i am always swapping hot ends so tywrapping for me is a waste.
Well now that you have THREE machines (jealous) maybe you won't have to swap hot ends anymore.

BTW, where did you get the smaller size 24v fan that fits your detachable side-mount duct?