Testers Needed

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
rpollack

Re: Testers Needed

Post by rpollack » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:02 am

alright...alright. I'll see if we can get a few more together.

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:44 pm

rpollack wrote:alright...alright. I'll see if we can get a few more together.
I was going to say that I was working all day long, looked at the forum in the evening, and discovered this thing had come and gone. But looks like I'm in good company.

I have probably modded my M2 to the point where experimenting with new features is sometimes impossible, but this sounds like one that might not get in the way of my other modifications.

One question, though: I assume this performs a linear correction to leveling, which would not address the problem of having a warped bed; e.g., bowing in the middle. In which case it would still take a Z-probe to compensate for that. Except if you already have a Z-probe, like I do, is there any point in adding a true auto-leveling bed? Do you see this new upgrade as being a potential replacement for the Z-probe?

lem

Post by lem » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:13 pm

I didn't read auto-level into Rick's comment, but "simplified" leveling. Most likely, a Z-probe type arrangement is going to be a continued improvement to the process. I have a printer from "another" manufacturer and they do surface variation correction in software, but you have to go through a manual process of identifying the high and low spots. Once that is dialed in, it's good for about a year before you have to do it again.

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:30 pm

lem wrote:I didn't read auto-level into Rick's comment, but "simplified" leveling.
Ah, yes, I definitely should not have been reading "auto" into that statement. For simplified leveling, if it improves upon the three-screws method, then I absolutely want one!

Actually, I never had much problem with the three screws. I may be the only person who prefers to adjust bed height with the leveling screws rather than the height adjustment screw. . .

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 am

i'm sure you have more then enough testers... but id be game.
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:03 pm

If you are interested, please be sure you emailed me directly. The machining should be finished today but we may not be able to ship until next week.

Thanks,
Rick

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:47 pm

I'm wondering whether i should point out that in these times of excessively ridiculous political correctness it is absolutely imperative for manufacturers of all stripes to avoid the appearance of rampant misogyny by making sure that you have a female on the testing team?

(And before you snort your coffee....that is a joke, gentlemen!) ROFL! :lol: :P

I am going to patiently wait my turn, like a good little girl! ;)

Jules

Post by Jules » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:48 am

Crickets. I need to work on my delivery.........

Rich

Post by Rich » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:40 am

Jules wrote:Crickets. I need to work on my delivery.........
:lol: :lol: :lol:

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:00 pm

:)