Testers Needed

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
PcS

Re: Testers Needed

Post by PcS » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:53 am

Installed software with no issues. Ran entirely through it with no issues. Don`t resize the window jim. It works fine at it`s opening window size lol !!! ;) I did not connect printer yet though as it was in a print. Not sure if it will connect with my fasbot board ? I assume it uses standard gcode so no issue there I would think . We shall see I guess. I like the new spider design and leveling screws and mount plate. At least they look nice in the pictures !!! lol Hopefully I get it today !!! :D

thunderbt3

Post by thunderbt3 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:52 pm

jimc wrote: still not into the stacked rubber corners but i never liked those which is why i made my adjustable clamping ones but that just personal preference.
I was thinking the same thing. I think all that's needed to modify the adjustable clamps is to remove the bottom shelf so it's just L-shaped and to make it shorter.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:31 pm

We are in the process of having the corner pieces molded so that it will just be a single piece. But, it may be a while before they are ready to be used in production so we'll continue to use the stacked pieces in the interim.

Jim - what are you using for your corners?

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:36 pm

Jim's corner model is here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:602194

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Yes on the corner clamps the bottom can just be removed. Cant wait to see the molded ones.

As for the app, i cant really even use it. Buttons are chopped off, some pics are chopped off and half the lettering is missing so i cant read anything but the first couple sentences in each paragraph.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:16 pm

you know i was just thinking about the app thing and its probably due to windows scaling up the text on 4k monitors. i dont have an issue with any other software BUT the windows somehow reformat themselves by either scaling up or giving you scroll bars or something. the size of the window could really be increased since most new monitors are 4k. the main window is very tiny on a 4k. its only about 3"x2". as of right now though im not really sure what i can do on my end to make it work out right. its pretty much locked in size and i cant read it. the hardware end of the kit is really nice though.

update: i woke up this morning and there was an osx update for 10.11.3 so installed it hoping that the mac app might work....unfortunately no. now it crashes instantly as soon as i click on it. i didnt really expect it to be ok but wanted to test it out and give rick the feedback because the public betas are what is coming down the line so there will be issues eventually that need to be resolved.

PcS

Post by PcS » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:39 pm

I cannot remember for sure...but can you not set windows scaling per app ? This would help .

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:47 pm

not sure, ill have to look into it. if you can and i can reset it to native for just the MG app and it works that will get me by to do testing on this setup but for a final MG will need to do something with it because without scaling no one will be able to read the micro text and even the pictures and main window are just way too small. we are in that middle zone where 1/2 the people are on older screens and everything is going to 4k so that transition is going to be rough for developers as they will have to design the apps to work on both screen resolutions. this is the only app though i have ever had trouble with. i think its because the main window is fixed in size. i cant drag it out to be larger.

sthone

Post by sthone » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:18 pm

I haven't started my install yet (hopefully tonight) but after reading the instructions I'm curious... as to how moving the z stop switch to the bottom works?

I'm guessing the new firmware knows how far it is to the top but what keeps the build plate from hitting the nozzle if I say manually hit the jog button to many times and it moves to far?

-Steve

3dPrintingMD

Post by 3dPrintingMD » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:31 pm

sthone wrote:I haven't started my install yet (hopefully tonight) but after reading the instructions I'm curious... as to how moving the z stop switch to the bottom works?

I'm guessing the new firmware knows how far it is to the top but what keeps the build plate from hitting the nozzle if I say manually hit the jog button to many times and it moves to far?

-Steve
Honestly I have the same question. I have not received the gear yet, but honestly I am planning on keeping the top end stop.

I have plans to over the next week, install this and a dual. So I'm guessing there is no firmware for that animal yet, but there is one for the dual and the top end stop.
M2 - V4, MIC-6 Build Plate, Astrosyn Damper's(X/Y), Rev. E, Geeetech LCD

S3D - FFF Settings https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367
Print Quality Troubleshooting https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/