Testers Needed

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
jprochnow

Re: Testers Needed

Post by jprochnow » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:51 am

Quick question, are new M2s coming with this upgrade yet? If not do you have a timeframe for this to be started?

jsc

Post by jsc » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:57 am

I don't get it, the offset is set to less than 7mm? From previous comments from josh, I'm guessing there is a hard-wired firmware offset that sets a very large zeroing offset from the endstop to just a short distance away from the extruder.

Voodoodaddy

Post by Voodoodaddy » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:07 am

Got a week worth of playing around with the new system, very well though out, easy to install.
IMO the rubber corners are counter productive, it restricts downward movements of build plate during leveling, making it very difficule to get a accurate reading.
I'm using Jim's corners, adjusted till just shy of making full contact with glass and made some clips to keep glass down against the spider, allowing free movement during leveling.
Using a .008" shim to set nozzle height, .005" was way too close, will be ordering a .0075" to try and see if it's better.
Attachments
IMG_20151226_213105831.jpg

sshwarts

Post by sshwarts » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Simplfy3D need to be told that Z is now homes to max? for the machine?
I did that in the preferences (Mac OS) but it doesn't stay from session to session. Did anyone else see that?

sprior

Post by sprior » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:11 pm

Has anyone done the test install with a dual extruder setup - if so what firmware did you use and what changes did you need to make to it?

insta

Post by insta » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:17 am

sprior wrote:Has anyone done the test install with a dual extruder setup - if so what firmware did you use and what changes did you need to make to it?
I did, here's the firmware I use (also requires Viki, disable in configuration.h if you don't care): https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

sprior

Post by sprior » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks insta!

sprior

Post by sprior » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:30 am

Insta, the firmware you sent me has lots of differences beyond a second extruder and the Viki from the firmware provided for the test. Lots of values including PID are different. Can you tell me more about where this copy came from?

insta

Post by insta » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:19 am

sprior wrote:Insta, the firmware you sent me has lots of differences beyond a second extruder and the Viki from the firmware provided for the test. Lots of values including PID are different. Can you tell me more about where this copy came from?
It's a newer copy of Marlin with lots of my own tweaks and tiny firmware goodies applied to it (autofan, Z-only homing, Viki menu options). It's the firmware I run on a production machine, which is heavily modified with MakerGear-supplied upgrades. Don't use the default PID values, you should always M303 your own.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:35 am

sorry i havent worked with this at all over the holidays. i've been away for the past week. ill start messing with it again soon.
sshwarts wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Simplfy3D need to be told that Z is now homes to max? for the machine?
I did that in the preferences (Mac OS) but it doesn't stay from session to session. Did anyone else see that?

i made no changes to simplify at all. just used the firmware made for this mod and thats it. everything else stayed the same.