Testers Needed

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
Jules

Re: Testers Needed

Post by Jules » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Bratag wrote:
rpollack wrote:or try a v4 :)
I have heard nothing but good about them and if it had been out proper when I bought my E3D I would have gone with one ... but the E3D is a workhorse for me and the ability to get hardened carbon steel nozzles easily is a plus for me because I print in a lot of exotics.
Just got my stainless steel V4 nozzle yesterday.......it's cool. (Haven't done anything with it yet of course.) But they do have them, if anyone else is interested. (Just order on the regular V4 ordering slot and put that you would like Stainless Steel in the comments.)

I don't know how easy the e3d v6 is to work with, but the V4 is pretty freaking sweet. (So easy to set that gap with the V4.) :D

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:42 pm

@Bratag - the M2 is designed so that it can be modified...i was just needling you.

Rick

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:56 pm

The parts are in and we should start shipping by the end of the week.

Bratag

Post by Bratag » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:51 am

rpollack wrote:The parts are in and we should start shipping by the end of the week.
Wooo. Upgrades Ahoy. Where can I order this? I dont see it on the upgrades page

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:58 am

this is for the beta. dont think its avail yet.

Bratag

Post by Bratag » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:29 am

jimc wrote:this is for the beta. dont think its avail yet.
Awww:(

kartcrg

Post by kartcrg » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:38 am

rpollack wrote:Not sure if we have posted it here. This the metal motor mount. We'll have them available for existing M2s as soon as possible.
Will this come with the V4 upgrade kit? If so, I'll order one as soon as its available.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Are you asking about the metal motor mount?

If so, we should have an upgrade kit available late next week. It will include the metal bracket, a new extruder harness because of different wire lengths, the newer 24v fans, and the printed housing.

If you just want the metal bracket (and not the other items listed above) we are going to make that available on a hidden page. That will be a DIY upgrade meaning that you know what you are doing and will figure out how to get everything mounted (and not depend on MG support). You'll need to take the harness apart to change wire lengths. It is not very difficult.

Rick

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:38 pm

We made some extras of the new leveling system and can accommodate most of your requests. I'll let you know next week if you requested one but we did not have enough. They'll be shipping any day. We will also be including a new z endstop that mounts on the bottom of the printer. You will see how all of this works in the instructions. You'll use the new app to set the z offset (with the switch at the bottom). If you prefer to keep your endstop at the top, you'll need to figure it out as it is not compatible with the new mechanism.

Also, please do not post photos of the new setup. You can post your feedback but please no photos. I don't care if you share photos in the M2 community behind the scenes...just don't want them posted at this time.

I hope you like it,
Rick

3d-cafe

Post by 3d-cafe » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:47 pm

sounds very interesting! :D