MICRON ALL METAL EXTRUDER - MADE IN ISRAEL

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
teltekus

MICRON ALL METAL EXTRUDER - MADE IN ISRAEL

Post by teltekus » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:33 am

I purchased a all Metal Extruder from a company in Israel on EBAY. Very nicely done on a CNC Machine but you only get the extruder and no mounting hardware or instructions on how to make the mounting plate. I contacted the company and they have no idea how to mount it on the M2 ??????

Is there anybody that might have some drawing of the mounting Hardware / Mounting Plates?

Thanks

Bob - Reno, NV
Attachments
P1030821.JPG

sthone

Re: MICRON ALL METAL EXTRUDER - MADE IN ISRAEL

Post by sthone » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:24 pm

See here ---- :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2040

All I can say is GOOD LUCK :|

-Steve

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Another thing to keep in mind before you start attempting all that Steve had to do to get it to work - Makergear is currently working on a metal mount that will be available soon (if not already) although it might be for the V4 hotend. It would be a lot easier to write-off the Micron as a bad investment (or sell it) and look into getting the MakerGear mount and upgrade to the V4. That's going to come ready to work with the M2, with instructions and the parts milled that you need.

Like Steve said - Good Luck!

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:02 pm

been there done that.

Beautifully cnc'ed has functional flaws and frankly i find it very disreputable there still selling it.
My humble advice, having fitted it to an m2 myself...Get your money back as soon as you can.

threads on the topic

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2040
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2835
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2858
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

wmgeorge

Post by wmgeorge » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I read the same listing and was lead to believe it was made for the M2?
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R,CNC Router

teltekus

Post by teltekus » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:11 pm

teltekus wrote:I purchased a all Metal Extruder from a company in Israel on EBAY. Very nicely done on a CNC Machine but you only get the extruder and no mounting hardware or instructions on how to make the mounting plate. I contacted the company and they have no idea how to mount it on the M2 ??????

Is there anybody that might have some drawing of the mounting Hardware / Mounting Plates?

Thanks

Bob - Reno, NV
I got it figured out and it works great. If any body wants the drawing and a few trips. Let me know.

Bob - Reno, NV

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:18 pm

what kind of filament are you extruding with it?
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

teltekus

Post by teltekus » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:25 pm

PLA Haven't tried ABS yet, but I don't see a problem.

Have you purchased the extruder yet? If you need the drawing of the mounting plate let me know. I have a extra if you need it.No cost, I will just send it to you.

Bob

sthone

Post by sthone » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:33 pm

PLA runs great through it because its a nice stiff filament try running something a little softer before you celebrate too much. I'm speak from much experience here. :(

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:44 pm

pla was the only thing i could run though it without it jamming issues because as sthone pointed out it is stiff....
i don't typicly like to print with pla.

I mounted it with no mounting plate, just using the existing holes... but id did require a special hotend clamp, drill and tap a hole in the extruder for it. and milling reverse the side it the extruder to mount the stepper on the other side. probaly not the way to go if you don't have access to a mill.