Enclosure for the M2? Retain heat and contain smell...

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
jimc

Re: Enclosure for the M2? Retain heat and contain smell...

Post by jimc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:17 am

looks like a very nice enclosure.

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:19 am

For those who have enclosed, have you seen improvements in built quality due to elevated temps in the enclosure?

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:32 am

zemlin wrote:For those who have enclosed, have you seen improvements in built quality due to elevated temps in the enclosure?
It's still pretty new to me at this point, so I haven't noticed a change in print quality per se. I'd imagine a good test would be with some ABS though.

jamigas

Post by jamigas » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:21 pm

In my leisure over the last couple months I have been building an enclosure for my M2. Once I get closer to done I plan to post a load of pics and details. Before I started building, I used powerpoint to put together a layout which gave me a pretty good idea of how the enclosure would look, but mainly so I could visually account for how much 80-20 I would need.
Attachments
Untitled.png

hybridprinter

Post by hybridprinter » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:09 am

Have there been any new or updated enclosures?

daveb

Post by daveb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Here's one I'm working on. Wanted a cabinet I could also put my vinyl cutter in (that will be a lower section). it's an old entertainment cabinet I picked up at a Habitat store for around $45. The compartment on the upper right is for filament, slide out bottom shelf for 6 rolls, top I'm going to hang a rod from. They will pass thru, to the printer area. The bottom is to have a exhaust fan, to evacuate the excess heat out a window thru dryer hose. printer section is insulated and a layer of some soundproofing material I had on hand. I'll post some updated pics in a thread about the build later and on the FB page. Hope u guys like it. Oh the area to the right of the printer will house a small drawer a bottom slide out shelf that will house the power supply and going to relocate the Rambo here also. Out front will be a switch panel to control some printer bed lights, and lights for the cabinets and equipment in the lower section. Also will house the Raspberry, all will get additional cooling (always buying old pc's for the PSU and fans). A converted PC PSU will power the fans and LED lights. Also have a controller that turn on fans if it gets to hot. Going to put an intake fan in back to just cool it off when done, or as needed. Hope you folks enjoy.