Is this the solution to melting heat bed connector?

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
javafuel

Is this the solution to melting heat bed connector?

Post by javafuel » Fri May 05, 2017 5:43 pm

I print almost exclusively in ABS only, that has melted RAMBO heatbed power connector twice (1st was at the power input and 2nd time was the mosfet.) Are any of you guys using this thing, Heat Bed Power Module Expansion Hot Bed MOS http://amzn.to/2phxOdy ? Check out the review from GLM who is using it on RAMBo. Any thoughts?

theboz1419

Re: Is this the solution to melting heat bed connector?

Post by theboz1419 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 am

I also print with ABS only and I never had issues with melting any wires or connection.
Builder of custom wifi BBQ temperature controllers

javafuel

Re: Is this the solution to melting heat bed connector?

Post by javafuel » Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 pm

theboz1419 wrote:I also print with ABS only and I never had issues with melting any wires or connection.
Knock on woods. As far as I know, heat bed mosfet and power input melting is a common issue in RepRap community.Its factors are heat bed temperature, printing duration and PSU. I print at 110c bed temperature and my 1st gen M2 uses two Dell laptop PSU bricks. Another factor could be RAMo itself, my was 1.0e version. Now I'm using 1.2g, hopefully will last. But if this little thing works, $10 is a fantastic insurance for RAMBo. Not to mention not to have a 6 hour print job die in half way from melting heat bed connector.