Will m3 part designs be put on github like the m2 was?

The place to discuss your hardware and software/firmware modifications...
sprior

Will m3 part designs be put on github like the m2 was?

Post by sprior » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:14 am

I don't see the m3 models for the 3D printed and laser cut parts on github like the m2 parts are - will they be put up eventually? As a m2 owner I really appreciated MakerGear's open design and ability to hack things, I'm running with a couple of modified parts.

aerodan

Re: Will m3 part designs be put on github like the m2 was?

Post by aerodan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:47 pm

Necroposting here, but there doesn't seem to be an answer. I'd like to print some parts with fan modifications for our application - is there a repository for M3(SE/ID) systems out there? Thanks in advance, AD

sthone

Post by sthone » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:52 pm

There isn't one for the M3 stuff on github and every time this has come up lately no one from Makergear has chimed in (which is weird because they are usually pretty open with everything else they have done)... so who knows. :?

You might want to try emailing them direct and see if you can get a reply that way.

aerodan

Post by aerodan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:49 pm

As an update, the folks at Makergear support were willing to supply an STL for the part needed. So for the moment calling them will likely yield what you need. There aren’t a ton of 3D printed parts in the M3 (which is another reason I love mine.) All I want now is a bigger one! :)