Where do you purchase filament?

The place to discuss filament...
nirfriedman

Where do you purchase filament?

Post by nirfriedman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:08 am

Any recommendations? My default supplier is Amazon, but I wonder if thats the best place to buy.

Recommendations?

sthone

Re: Where do you purchase filament?

Post by sthone » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Filament direct from Makergear is some high quality stuff but sometimes it's hard to suck up the shipping cost unless you order a lot at once but I love their Black ABS so I usually do suck it up. :D (I wish they carried their filament on Amazon along with the printers.)

Amazon is nice especially if you are a primer member as the free 2 day shipping is a no brainer. I use mainly eSUN filament from them so I specifically try to order all my colored ABS and PETG from INTSERVO. Will of INTSERVO is a member of this group and is just awesome to deal with, he also gives members here first dibs at anything new he gets in too. You can also order directly from him at http://www.intservo.com/ if he is out of anything on amazon.

For PLA I use a company called Quantum3D, I like their colors and I've never had any issues with any of the 10+ rolls I've gotten from them. I also like the fact that they list the Pantone codes it let's me know exactly what the color will look like.

Just remember..... good filament isn't cheap and cheap filament isn't good.

-Steve

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:41 am

sthone wrote:good filament isn't cheap and cheap filament isn't good.
But good filament does keep getting cheaper.

eisaiasjr

Post by eisaiasjr » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:33 pm

I was using hatchbox from amazon and it generated good results...

www.makergeeks.com was suggested to me and I have never looked back, the print quality change is dramatically improved...