NinjaFlex Printer Settings with the M2 + Cobra Dual Extruder

The place to discuss filament...
I-Right-I

NinjaFlex Printer Settings with the M2 + Cobra Dual Extruder

Post by I-Right-I » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

FINALLY!!! I've been tinkering with this filament for days, trying to figure out what makes it want to print! I had problems with binding (of course) between the hobbed gear and the feed hole. Using Simplify3D I fine tuned the settings and voila! It prints as slow as a snail, but keyword here is "PRINTS". Here are the settings, and there is also a link to the video:

Steps Per MM: M92 E1800 + M500 with the Cobra Dual Extruder by Micron3DP
Temp: 240
Bed Temp: 50
Fan Speed: 50%
No Retraction
Extrusion Multiplier: .90 (redux: make it .94!)
Layer Height: .2300
Default Print Speed: 450 mm/min
First Layer Height: 90%
First Layer Width: 100%
First Layer Speed: 100%
Top Solid Layers: 3
Bottom Solid Layers: 3
Outline Layers: 2
Extruder Jog Speed (or feedrate): 90mm/min

https://www.facebook.com/TheKnuckle/vid ... _processed

Tim

Re: NinjaFlex Printer Settings with the M2 + Cobra Dual Extr

Post by Tim » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Just looking at the specs for the Cobra, it looks like it is on par with the MakerGear dual, but more expensive since the MakerGear dual makes use of some of the existing hardware. I still wonder why all these dual extruder designs are more or less the same; nobody seems to be trying to solve the problem of parking the unused extruder in a way that keeps it from oozing filament. I think there are patent issues tying up that particular development route.

I-Right-I

Re: NinjaFlex Printer Settings with the M2 + Cobra Dual Extr

Post by I-Right-I » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:36 pm

Hmmm interesting thought. Now that you mention utilizing the original extruder... I wonder if I could create a swing arm that I could lower, lock in place, and print with it. Carbon fiber printed beautifully with it, but I have yet to unlock the proper settings with the Cobra Dual.