eSun PLA+ filament

The place to discuss filament...
jimc

Re: eSun PLA+ filament

Post by jimc » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:32 am

hey its been known to happen. you get a botched spool. i've had it happen before. good thing is these days it happens way less than it did 3 years ago. few years back and you really had to watch what you bought. the train tunnels i did took 6 spools of pla+. all were flawless. william at intservo is usually really responsive with stuff like this. just email him a quick pic of the wavy filament and let him know whats going on and im sure he will take care of it.

Slipshine

Post by Slipshine » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Got ahold of Intservo and got the issue resolved.
They are really easy to work with.

I have ordered more black pla+ I hope it prints as well as the gold.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:59 am

I just tested 4 rolls of this stuff on some large mold parts and it is working great. I'd say it warps just a little more than regular PLA so you have to really squish the first layer down to make it stay put, but even when you do get corner lifts it does not ruin the print. I had a corner lift near the beginning of a 24 hour long print and it never progressed enough to dislodge the part. It just lifted up to a certain point and then stayed there for the rest of the print. I like how smooth it prints though. I'm printing it at 8000mm/min at 225c and no problems at all. No jams, no stringing, nozzle stays perfectly clean... I can't even notice any smell at all. This is the best PLA I've used so far, and I've been testing a lot of them lately.

I just ordered 26 spools of it off Amazon, only because they didn't have more. I don't know why they don't stock filament in larger quantities, I've had a hard time buying PLA lately. Hatchbox seems to be sold out on all the colors I want, and I pretty much just bought out everything they had in PLA+. Why don't they stock this stuff in the 100s of spools? Everytime I go looking they always only seem to have 2 to 18 spools in stock. Seriously? Then when it runs out (which is often) it takes them several weeks to a month to get it back again. I guess it is really not Amazon itself, but rather the companies selling through them. Intservo in this case.
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:11 am

did you try buying direct from intservo? you can always send will an email. i know he only send a portion of his stock to amazon. the rest he has to keep on hand for his direct orders. he would probably cut you break also for buying a crap load at a time.

Jules

Post by Jules » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:19 am

jimc wrote:did you try buying direct from intservo? you can always send will an email. i know he only send a portion of his stock to amazon. the rest he has to keep on hand for his direct orders. he would probably cut you break also for buying a crap load at a time.
Yeah, he might even throw in a 27th spool. :lol:

I sat here thinking...."can't imagine ordering that much filament".....then I actually counted mine. :oops:

Just one thing though - it's more flexible than the regular PLA, is it going to hold shape for your compression jobs?

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:02 am

Jules wrote:
jimc wrote:did you try buying direct from intservo? you can always send will an email. i know he only send a portion of his stock to amazon. the rest he has to keep on hand for his direct orders. he would probably cut you break also for buying a crap load at a time.
Yeah, he might even throw in a 27th spool. :lol:

I sat here thinking...."can't imagine ordering that much filament".....then I actually counted mine. :oops:

Just one thing though - it's more flexible than the regular PLA, is it going to hold shape for your compression jobs?
Just keep your empty spools and let them pile up, then you'll see where all your money is going ;)

Lucky for me it is not my money that I'm spending, which makes it a lot more fun.

My mold walls are 12mm, so it's pretty thick. I have a 6mm slab from an aborted print and even that is still pretty tough to bend.

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:04 am

I didn't try that, but it sounds like a good idea. I'll be burning through filament at the rate of about 7 spools a day once I get the entire farm up and running.

jstinson

Post by jstinson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Greg_FL wrote:Hello

I just wanted to chime in about the eSun PLA+. I have had my printer since November so pretty much reading all the time here and learning as I go. From a new user standpoint this has hands down been the easiest filament that I have printed with to date. I use the stock S3D pla profile, print at 195c and it just works. I so far have printed through 3 rolls of Brown PLA+, working on a roll of green PLA+, working through a roll of Red PLA+ and have roll of Black still sealed.

Also I just want to say working with William at the Intservo site has been really good in regards to filament, fast communication and super customer service. But you guys prob already know that. I put some screen shots below from my YouTube channel (Search Greg_FL) . I was primarily a Hirst Arts channel then I got my M2 and it took a very hard right turn. I have done 3 episodes of Made with My MakerGear showing off all kinds of things that I have printed, designed etc. With a large majority of it being printed in the PLA+ from a new 3d printer user this stuff just works.

Title screenshot from my last video (All the Brown is eSun PLA+):

https://goo.gl/photos/kh8Zpr9K4kW6oLjq5

DragonLock Dungeon Terrain: eSun Brown PLA+

https://goo.gl/photos/TC6EeQzr55sZ1FZS9

Guild Ball Dice Box and template set

https://goo.gl/photos/BrVrvk6mAT1s9orJ7

Printable Scenery (Winterdale) kickstarter buildings

https://goo.gl/photos/Lbb7EPcupkPPEea78

your models look great! Do you mind sending me you .fff for your pla + settings. for the life of me I can not get this filament dialed in i've gone through 3 rolls of esun PLA + without a successful print.

Gwhite

Post by Gwhite » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:42 pm

jstinson wrote: your models look great! Do you mind sending me you .fff for your pla + settings. for the life of me I can not get this filament dialed in I've gone through 3 rolls of eSun PLA + without a successful print.
I've got PLA+ working OK, but I'd also be curious to see the inner workings of the process file.