Calling all experts......

The place to discuss filament...
Jules

Calling all experts......

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Okay gents and gals, I need some quick rough answers to the questions below....

I'm putting together a chart with rough printing and bed temps on glass for each major type of filament. Most of the info has already been pulled from the filaments forum, insta's FTW thread, etc.

But I'm missing a couple:

Can you help me fill in the blanks if there's one on there that you've printed successfully? (Close is fine, doesn't have to be right on the nose.)
Filament Temperature Chart.jpg
And if your values are significantly different from the values shown, let me know. (I might have transposed wrong from my chicken-scratch notes.) :lol:

sthone

Re: Calling all experts......

Post by sthone » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:01 pm

Cool.... You should add a column for cooling (Fan = On or Off) though :D

I do 110° Bed/230° Extruder on ABS.

Wood - 60°? (have to double check that) and 205°

Bratag

Post by Bratag » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Might want to add a column for hotend as well. Pretty sure my E3D results in me using temps at least 10 Deg hotter.

Semi Flex - 60 Bed , 250 Hotend , 30 % cooling (or off)

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Ultimately, those would be great additions, and I'll probably address it down the road, but for what we need now, it's just the temps. (Going to be used as part of a process on the new machines, and I need to get it knocked out very quickly.)

Nozzles are V4s. (Forgot to mention that, but it should be pretty close no matter the nozzle.)

Thanks for the input guys! :D

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Jules wrote:Nozzles are V4s. (Forgot to mention that, but it should be pretty close no matter the nozzle.)
But not for the V3a nozzle. Hard to say who is using them still (not me), and probably those who do know to modify any published nozzle temperature accordingly. Worth a footnote, maybe. Also maybe a footnote for any of the V3s indicating the maximum suggested temperature setting, as things like ePC are well out of its comfort zone.

I would not suggest "wood" as an item, as there are just too many different kinds and their properties vary a quite a bit, although they are mostly just PLA and have correspondingly similar settings. At least if you do include it, say which brand.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:20 pm

Tim wrote:
Jules wrote:Nozzles are V4s. (Forgot to mention that, but it should be pretty close no matter the nozzle.)
But not for the V3a nozzle. Hard to say who is using them still (not me), and probably those who do know to modify any published nozzle temperature accordingly. Worth a footnote, maybe. Also maybe a footnote for all the V3s indicating the maximum suggested temperature setting, as things like ePC are well out of its comfort zone.
This is for the new Rev E's, for a specific step that the new users will have to perform. (They won't have V3s.)
(And i can just pull ranges from the internet for the filaments, but i prefer to have someone here who's actually printed it give me a number that they have proven to work on an M2. Most of those ranges are ridiculously wide, and I'm having to pull the mid-point out of the range now.)

(Not a bad idea to put together a complete settings chart down the road though. I'll add it to the to-do list.) :lol: ;)

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:54 pm

I print ABS with a bed temp of 80 / head temp at 230, and semiflex at bed temp of 60 / head temp of 250. Both on Fructis #5 hairspray.

PcS

Post by PcS » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:51 pm

I see a trend here....everybody prints the same filaments at different temperatures. Maybe just ask people to fill the blanks in only !!! lol ;) :D

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:15 am

Thanks gents....looks like I'm not going to need this after all. :oops: