ESUN PLA

The place to discuss filament...
mlr53

ESUN PLA

Post by mlr53 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:12 am

I purchased 4 rolls of filament from ESUN, 4 different colors, all were ordered as PLA. Two of the rolls I received were PLA+, and two were PLA. The yellow PLA is extremely brittle after printing and breaks super easily. I have tried printing at 190, 210, and even 230. The filament warps off the bed, and doesn't seem to mold together as the part often splits when removing it from the raft or supports. I have printed the same parts with other PLA and have had no problem at all with those parts.

I am very disappointed with this filament. I will be trying some of the other colors to see if there is any difference, and will post my results.

Has anyone else had this experience with the ESUN filament?

I'm printing with a M2 Rev E, with V4 extruder, 60 deg bed on Kapton tape. Like I said above, this has been working great for me with other filaments, not sure why this filament is performing so poorly.

Jules

Re: ESUN PLA

Post by Jules » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:41 am

I got a bad roll once - it had been exposed to too much humidity and came out of the package very brittle. Storing it for a few weeks with a desiccant made it usable again. All the other eSun rolls have been fine.

mlr53

Re: ESUN PLA

Post by mlr53 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:49 pm

I printed the same file in a Red ESUN PLA filament with normal results. It must be a bad roll of the Yellow filament is all I can determine.