Quantum Filament

The place to discuss filament...
funutation

Quantum Filament

Post by funutation » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:48 pm

I just printed 12 linklings using Makergear filament PLA in red, blue, and green.

For yellow I am using Quantum filament. Now the job won't complete because
it keeps moving off the table. So I end up with yellow stringing, or a big yellow
ball, but no linkling (don't have any yellow Makergear filament)

I'm printing at 220/60bed

Is there something I can do to get this to stick? Is Quantum that different?

I've tried glue sticks, hair spray, tape, higher temps, lower temps (btw, didn't
need any of that for the Makergear filament). Can you offer other suggestions
so I can get a successful print?

Slow it down? Speed it up?
thanx

Jules

Re: Quantum Filament

Post by Jules » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:35 pm

No idea on the Quantum - never tried it. But eSun makes a couple of nice yellows that stick just fine. MakerGear filament tends to print a little hotter than the eSun, try lowering the temp on the one that you are printing now. 205° and hit it with a lot of fan to reduce the cooling (aka warping) time.

Other than that, double up on the adhesive on the plate. (I preferred hairspray and I would put a nice thick coat everywhere.)

sthone

Post by sthone » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:13 pm

I've run probably 50+ rolls of Quantum Filament (many colors) on 3M blue painters tape (and Elmer's purple glue stick) and have never had any problems with prints coming loose.

I run it between 195-215° depending on color (usually in the 215°range for colors and 195 for the black) and the bed at 70°

Did you calibrate the printer (calibration cubes) for the Quantum filament or are you just running the same Makergear Filament settings? Every filament is different but I find the Quantum stuff prints just like everything else when calibrated right.

funutation

Post by funutation » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:53 pm

yep, just using the same settings as Makergear. Lemme try the calib and lower temp. Hope to update you soon