Ninjaflex on the V4

The place to discuss filament...
dfwspeed

Ninjaflex on the V4

Post by dfwspeed » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:01 am

I'm having the hardest time getting ninjaflex to print on my V4. I've even tried a 0.5 nozzle with no improvement. Could anyone post their .fff file for simplify3d?

sthone

Re: Ninjaflex on the V4

Post by sthone » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

What kind of problems are you running into?

It's not mine... but try the one shown HERE I think Jim use a E3D hotend so you might have to make a few tweaks but its a start.

dfwspeed

Post by dfwspeed » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 pm

I figured out the cause of the problem, there seemed to be two. First off, the ninjaflex was stuck to itself on the entire roll, so I unrolled it and rolled it back up. Also, the filament guide tube really sticks to this stuff, so removing it left me with a perfect print. Going to order a PTFE tube. However, I printed a cylindrical tube with a hollow inside, and the inner shells failed to bond to each other.

jimc

Post by jimc » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 am

yes, the filament tube from makergear isnt true ptfe. a real teflon tube will be white and feel ultra slippery. there is a definite difference between the two. my ninjaflex machine would not print until i changed the tube out. if you pull the ninjaflex through the tube it will grip the sides of the tube and lock up. they used to put a slight texture on the ninjaflex which let it slide through the tube without grabbing like they. of course they changed it and made it smooth now. if the shells dont bond to each other then that means your under extruding.