T-Glase filament and changing out nozzels

The place to discuss filament...
shealray

T-Glase filament and changing out nozzels

Post by shealray » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:05 pm

I am making a food grade mold. Looked into 3D printer and think the Makergear M3-SE 3d will be a good match for the object I am making. The printed object is a mold I will use to pour beeswax into. The mold must be food grade. I contacted the company making T-Glase and they say it is FDA approved for food grade. The specs for T-Glase say use at the minimum a 5mm nozzle, Makergear offers a stainless Steel 5mm nozzel.
Anyone have issues changing out the nozzel with Makergear M3-SE 3d?
How about getting lubricants into the food grade mold anyone dealt with that?

Thanks for your help.

ednisley

Re: T-Glase filament and changing out nozzels

Post by ednisley » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:55 pm

shealray wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:05 pm
a mold I will use to pour beeswax into
3D printed objects have porous surfaces, which means molten beeswax will penetrate the surface. When the wax cools and hardens, the object will bond firmly to the mold and, because the mold isn't flexible, you won't be able to pry the object out.

Lubrication won't help, because it's a mechanical lock between two rigid objects.

You may have better luck printing a positive object (with appropriate draft & suchlike), making a flexible silicone negative mold, pouring the wax into the silicone mold, then peeling the mold off the object.

Beware: the surface finish of 3D printed objects is terrible compared to the smooth finish required for good molds. If you're pouring chocolates for a talk on 3D printing, though, it's appropriate and everybody will like the result:
https://softsolder.com/2014/04/04/choco ... -silicone/
https://softsolder.com/2014/04/09/choco ... d-pouring/