New M2 Kits

Ask your kit assembly questions here...
JohnnyRobot

New M2 Kits

Post by JohnnyRobot » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:50 pm

A friend of mine at work is ready to buy his Makergear M2 kit.

He's been holding out waiting for the V4 hot end to be included with his kit. My question: When will V4 extruders come with the kit?
╒═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕
-- Hi! No signature here.
╘═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

N5QM

Re: New M2 Kits

Post by N5QM » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:02 pm

I just ordered a kit last night and from what Rick tells me they are still shipping with the V3B and the V4 is considered an upgrade.

He didn't specifically say when or if that will change, but I expect you could email him to ask.
Robert
MakerGear M2 (24v) - v4 Hotend - PEI Build Surface

lem

Post by lem » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:03 pm

I've asked, via the forum, no reply. Money's in the bank waiting for shipment with the single V4 (I want an assembled M2).

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 am

I bet if you emailed Rick at MakerGear and told him you wanted an assembled unit upgraded to the V4, he could get you set up with one, or at least give you a better idea of when they might be available.

(He might not always be here to check the forum, but he responds to direct emails very quickly.)

lem

Post by lem » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:10 pm

I did get a quick response from Rick.

Not available at this time. I want the all metal version. The upgrade is the PTFE version. I need the higher temps.

That's Ok. My current printer needs are met. This was going to be an expansion unit. I like this unit and may try one out in the future.

insta

Post by insta » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 pm

lem wrote:I did get a quick response from Rick.

Not available at this time. I want the all metal version. The upgrade is the PTFE version. I need the higher temps.

That's Ok. My current printer needs are met. This was going to be an expansion unit. I like this unit and may try one out in the future.
That's really weird they wouldn't swap out the PTFE for the all-metal option. Did you ask specifically for it and Rick said "the all-metal is not available"?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

lem

Post by lem » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:35 pm

I sent Rick an e-mail with the items that I wanted to order which included an assembled M2 with the all metal V4.

His response: "M2s are currently shipping with the v3b extruder. The v4 is currently only available as an upgrade and it is the PTFE v4. We are not shipping the metal v4 yet. I do not have a date yet for the M2 shipping with a v4."

Maybe they ran into a problem with the all metal version and need more time to work it out.

Larry

Mark the Greater

Post by Mark the Greater » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:15 pm

I was told the same thing when I bought mine. V4 is an upgrade. Didn't know to ask about the all metal head though.
Love Always,
MtG