Makerware

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
Rocketdog

Makerware

Post by Rocketdog » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:19 am

Has anybody used Makerware to create g code for the M2? I like the way it handles dual extruders but it appears to drive the axis in reverse. I wonder if makerware uses some codes that marlin doesn't accept. Would a correct machine profile and start code make the g code file useable?

Levi8than

Re: Makerware

Post by Levi8than » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 am

Interesting. As long as Makerware exports close enough gcode, there's no reason you can't post process it through a script to make it work with the printer you have. How does S3D's gcode viewer process what makerware spits out? Does it look right?
I don't have the dual extruder upgrade, but maybe I can give it a try on just one extruder.

Levi8than

Re: Makerware

Post by Levi8than » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:21 pm

I haven't tried to print the generated code, but looking at the preview in S3d, it looks like the replicator homes x/y to the center of the plate, rather than to the corner.
And if that's the case, you should get away with simply pasting your own header in and deleting theirs.
I'll try this myself when I get around to tinkering, but I can't promise it'll be any day soon.