v4 Status

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
sprior

Re: v4 Status

Post by sprior » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Given that the required printing speed seems to be a property of NinjaFlex itself I suspect the difference between hot ends would result in differences in reliability, not speed.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:56 am

Ran out of time today. single v4s will ship tomorrow (weds).

Thank you!

sthone

Post by sthone » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

Nice, I just got my tracking number. :D Perfect timing too, I just started getting clogging issues with my v3b and am sick of messing with it all ready.

-Steve

insta

Post by insta » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:34 pm

sthone wrote:Nice, I just got my tracking number. :D Perfect timing too, I just started getting clogging issues with my v3b and am sick of messing with it all ready.

-Steve
Shoot me a PM for a price on your V3B, including shipping :) I'll see if its' worth it -- I like to keep a few around.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

kyphur

Post by kyphur » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 am

Just got my tracking number also! W00t!

benavery

Post by benavery » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:16 am

Good Guy Rick makes sure they make it out by the Wednesday with 2-day shipping so we have them by the weekend. Yay.

sthone

Post by sthone » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:48 pm

insta wrote:Shoot me a PM for a price on your V3B, including shipping :) I'll see if its' worth it -- I like to keep a few around.
I'm going to hang onto it for now. I wanted one extruder for PLA and one for ABS so I wouldn't have issues switching between the two but of course I was going to use the V3B for the ABS and now I can't seem to get a full print out of it with ABS so.... I'll keep you in mind if I do plan to get rid of it.

-Steve

insta

Post by insta » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:28 pm

sthone wrote:
insta wrote:Shoot me a PM for a price on your V3B, including shipping :) I'll see if its' worth it -- I like to keep a few around.
I'm going to hang onto it for now. I wanted one extruder for PLA and one for ABS so I wouldn't have issues switching between the two but of course I was going to use the V3B for the ABS and now I can't seem to get a full print out of it with ABS so.... I'll keep you in mind if I do plan to get rid of it.

-Steve
There's nothing compatible between the V3 & V4, except the plugs on the thermistor/heater. You'll be replacing everything on the X axis, if it's anything like the dual was. You can't go back unless you disassemble the upper half of your machine.

sthone

Post by sthone » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:29 pm

Damn, I guess I didn't really look at the pictures that well of the V4 before I bought it (not that I've seen the single version yet) but I now see that the hot end mount attaches right to the liner rail itself. I guess I just figured that they both would mount right to the motor. I think am going to get another M2 though so if they still come with the V3B I still might be able to go with my plan. My V4 should be here tomorrow so I'll figure it out after I get to play with it. Thanks for the heads up though.

-Steve

insta

Post by insta » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Damn you took my plan.

I've had much better luck reusing the V4 between ABS & PLA. Especially if you can cram some of eSUN's cleaner filament through it first. You'll be fine on a single nozzle (or if anything, just get a second brass end).