v4 Status

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
ericfowkes

Re: v4 Status

Post by ericfowkes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:14 pm

insta wrote:Do you have the yellow-polyfuse RAMBo? If so, you are extruding twice the filament :) Set your E steps/mm to half its value.
I wish it was that easy! Nope I don't have one of the old boards. Rambo 1.3 latest version in a makergear that's only a couple months old. 24v model.

insta

Post by insta » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Are you doing volumetric extrusion through your slicer? With Cura or slic3r it's possible, not through Simplify3D though.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

ericfowkes

Post by ericfowkes » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:22 pm

I've only ever used simplify. No settings have changed though. Everything on the software is 100 percent the same. Is it possible I have a faulty nozzle? One that's not really.35

jsc

Post by jsc » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:10 pm

This is with a single v4? Does the single come with a firmware update? Have you applied it? If so, was it the right one?

It does look like you are getting way more extrusion than normal, and the only thing I can think of is that your firmware has changed, or should have changed and didn't. I would recommend that you contact MakerGear support.

sthone

Post by sthone » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:18 pm

Don't think there's any firmware change with the single V4, at least there wasn't with mine. I just installed it and it printed the same as the V3B.

-Steve

benavery

Post by benavery » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Something in software (or firmware) has to have changed somewhere. Its the same extruder motor, so regardless of nozzle size or hotend temperatures or anything, if you left all software (and the motor) identical - exactly the same amount of plastic is going to come out the nozzle before and after the upgrade.

clshoemaker

Post by clshoemaker » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:22 pm

What is the current status on the dual V4 extruder upgrade? I just got notice today that my m2 is shipping, dual to ship a couple of weeks later

As a newbie to the m2, would anyone recommend to assemble the single extruder first anyhow, as a learning or debugging experience ? OR, go directly to dual ? Thanks for advice.

-Curt
Last edited by clshoemaker on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PcS

Post by PcS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:15 pm

My two cents would be learn on a single. Once you feel REALLY confident you have that down go ahead and take the plunge .

insta

Post by insta » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:37 pm

clshoemaker wrote:What is the current status on the dual V4 extruder upgrade? I just got notice today that my m2 is shipping, dual to ship a couple of weeks later

As a newbie to the m2, would anyone recommend to assemble the single extruder first anyhow, as a learning or debugging experience ? OR, go directly to dual ? Thanks for advice.

-Curt
The way the dual v4 works, you can easily make it behave like a single (simply by tucking the second hotend higher into the mount so it doesn't interact with the print at all), so you could in theory go straight to the dual v4 without any issue. The real problem is you won't be able to look at the pile of parts for the few weeks difference waiting for it to come in ;)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

BigBadBry

Post by BigBadBry » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:50 pm

I was about to order a spare V3b but if V4 is around the corner, that makes more sense to simply convert right?

Are there any updates as to when it will be available?

How is it better?