All-metal v4 with PETG

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
jsc

All-metal v4 with PETG

Post by jsc » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:58 am

I'm having some difficulties getting PETG working with the all-metal v4 (which is all that I have running at the moment). Trying to lay down a large flat plane, the extrusion peters out after a while. Tried slowing it down (2800 mm/s), tried upping the temperature (260C). Got it past the first layer, then it stopped well into the second, so it's not first layer height or bed leveling. If I can catch it before the filament gets chewed up too much, retract it out and reinsert it cleanly, it extrudes again seemingly fine. Anybody have any suggestions I can try?

PcS

Re: All-metal v4 with PETG

Post by PcS » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:00 pm

For me the only solution was to start back from scratch and calibrate the extruder to exact length . Had to hook the machine back to my computer and run the s3d bed leveling wizard numerous times until my bed was perfectly level. I run at 50mms I think 3mm retraction at 50mms coast and wipe. If it over extrudes at all or the nozzle pressure changes at all in a long run you are doomed. I almost doubt you will get it to run on the all metal. I hope you do !

jsc

Re: All-metal v4 with PETG

Post by jsc » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Thanks. As I said, I don't think it's leveling or layer height, because I've gotten it past the first layer where those things matter the most. After that, everything should be level to the bed. I've also run a calibration and extrusion multiplier is correct and height is good. It may be that the all-metal extruder is just too grabby for it. I guess I'll just wait for my missing liner and grub screw to show up and try it again.