Simplify3D is printing to the right of center

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
eisaiasjr

Simplify3D is printing to the right of center

Post by eisaiasjr » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:42 am

Hello,

My printouts are coming out right of the center after I installed my second extruder. Its happening with BOTH heads (they are both printing at the same place, off to the right)

Any ideas how to fix this?

jsc

Re: Simplify3D is printing to the right of center

Post by jsc » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:59 pm

What does your startup code look like? It probably has something like T1, home. Try T0, home, T1 (if you are using the right extruder). That will home XY using your left extruder coordinates. Note that you cannot reach a centimeter or so off the left side of the bed using the right extruder.

I-Right-I

Re: Simplify3D is printing to the right of center

Post by I-Right-I » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 pm

I have this same problem. I've got the Cobra Dual Extruder by Micron3DP. I spoke with makergear support and they mentioned defining the extruder position once you home the X axis. For me, the nozzle sits at +11.3mm from the left edge of the print bed. I plugged this in under the GCode tab in Simplify3d and it wasn't quite centered. I changed that value to 25mm and it seems to be pretty centered up. It's a temporary fix for the time being, I'm too busy printing a quadcopter to care about it that much haha