Simplify 3D, G-Code changes, questions & answers

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
Jules

Re: Simplify 3D, G-Code changes, questions & answers

Post by Jules » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:53 pm

I'm printing mostly with PETg, and it never stops dripping. Not like the eSUN wood filament, which dripped like it was still extruding, but still it's a steady ooze that is continuous, even after retracting it back 10mm.
Yeah, that might not work so well with PETG. It oozes out the wazoo.

Off topic.......

Tim, at some point would you mind posting a couple of left and right angle shots of your wiring for the dual? I saw you're using the Dryeti V4 Quick Release parts so you can run the wiring for the right extruder to the right, and I'm going to have to finish my setup one of these days. (I had pre-printed those dryeti drives just for kicks while i was waiting on the dual delivery, and they were the only ones that fit. The ABS ones that came with the setup and the ones that i printed using the STL file from the MG site were both too short on the flat face by about 2.5mm. (Shrinkage? Modification to the plate? Me not knowing how to adjust how far the motor faces extend?) Anyhoo.....If I seated the original ABS drives flush against the motors, I couldn't get the filament to line up so that it made it through the holes into the nozzle necks.

But....I've also got the original wiring harness setup with the wires all snaking around to the left, and my M2 currently looks like a Frankencritter. :lol: Once i get finished playing with the software a bit, i need to decide which way to wire this thing long term, and either print some modified drives that fit, figure out how to shift the motors a bit, or print the harness for the QR and switch totally over to the Quick Release setup.

No hurry - I'm not going to be able to get to that any time soon. Just want to see how the Quick Release setup looks for comparison. It would be nice to be able to switch out the hot ends a bit more easily.
:D

Tim

Re: Simplify 3D, G-Code changes, questions & answers

Post by Tim » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:20 am

Jules wrote:Tim, at some point would you mind posting a couple of left and right angle shots of your wiring for the dual?
I think I did post some pictures, but maybe I can do better. . . my new cellphone takes better pictures than my old Nikon digital SLR. However, it's not quite the same setup, since I didn't print the modified wire shroud. The result is still "quick release" but not nearly as tidy as the one in dryeti's photo at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1706. I'll start a new post for that. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. . .