S3D MakerGear M2 Dual Profile

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
scampa123

S3D MakerGear M2 Dual Profile

Post by scampa123 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:29 pm

I've setup my dual today and I'm trying to do some starter prints...Primarily the calibration square...

I'm new to a dual setup so please bear with me!!

In the S3D provided profile it shows both extruders...Left and RIght (0, 1)...

How do I select which extruder is actually used when printing?

If I try to use my singe profiles the left (tool 0 ) extruder never goes off the the edge of the bed to prime itself...I'm assuming I NEED to start with the provided dual profile..I'm just not sure if there are instructions or a How-to on using this properly...

I did notice Jules had provided Dual profiles in another post, but before I hit the "easy button" I'm hoping someone can explain how to use the out of box profile properly...

I'll note my initial thought was to load PLA in the Left and PETG in the Right extruders. I was trying to do a z-calibration square for each extruder at the same time (same process and even selecting 2 processes) but it didn't work out since the left never cleared the bed to prime itself properly...

Thanks!!

Jules

Re: S3D MakerGear M2 Dual Profile

Post by Jules » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 pm

Works just like the single, only you have to specifically tell the machine which nozzle to heat up and extrude through. (Tool 0 is left, Tool 1 is right.)

Read the Beginner's Guide - there's a separate section on how to set your gap correctly for dual extrusion. Then read the write-up with the profiles that I put up - they already have a corrected Startup script in them. (Or read through some of the other posts on the Dual forum where the Startup Scripts are discussed in more detail.)

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Thanks Jules...I did set the gap based on your how-to...

I'll read-up on the profiles in the forum...

I was trying to determine how to tell S3D which tool to use for which part...I see when the profile comes up that it shows both extruders...just haven't seen how to tell one to extrude...Maybe importing yours will make things more clear...

Thx!!!

scampa123

Post by scampa123 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Btw I got my first clog today in 3yrs! I got it cleared but not I need to reseat the hot end!