Oozing Issues

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
jasonjamilla

Oozing Issues

Post by jasonjamilla » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:22 am

I'm still getting a lot of thin oozing even with the Ooze Shield available. So I'm not getting any clean prints, especially when one of the colors is white. Has anyone encountered the same issue and had solved the problem?

Jules

Re: Oozing Issues

Post by Jules » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:38 am

Try to keep the ooze shield at about 2.0 to 2.25 mm from the print. Anything farther out doesn't work particularly well for catching ooze. Print on the medium to lower end of the temp range for that particular filament. And you can experiment with retraction. Move the fan around to the front (requires a new fan guard to be printed for the extruder fan, which i have not modified yet for the Rev.E but it does help.) It might work fine - I just haven't tested it yet.

Some filaments are more oozy than others. PLA isn't bad....PETG is terrible. Put the oozier filament on the right side - the fan hits it better there, cooling it off and reducing ooze. Or point a desk fan at the left nozzle.

Lots of little tweaks that you can do to help. I have them built into the profiles i posted for Simplify3D, so if you have that, you can just test those and see if they work for you. :)