Dual upgrade giving me trouble!

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
no3dprintexperience

Re: Dual upgrade giving me trouble!

Post by no3dprintexperience » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:45 pm

Answering your other questions, the left nozzle does not get off the side of the bed when it purges. The right nozzle is very close to, maybe just past, the side of the bed, but the left nozzle is at least an inch onto the glass.

And when I reposted your profile, I just posted the same file I downloaded. I did not export and rezip (I assumed it was the same thing). Sorry!

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Okay, something is still not set up correctly:

1. You used Arduino to flash the correct firmware, right? (Following the directions in the revised instructions I sent you via e-mail?)
2. When you started using the Simplify3D software, did you change the Configuration to MakerGear M2 Dual before you got started with the profiles? It sounds like the machine still thinks it is a single.

no3dprintexperience

Post by no3dprintexperience » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Yes, I used Arduino 1.5.5 per the recommendations in the instructions and used the correct firmware.

When I had the wrong firmware (the Marlin Black Z Motor one), the extruder worked. I got it to heat to temp using S3D and loaded filament in it with no problem. But when I tried to level the bed, the glass kept hitting the nozzles and screeching back down. So I saw the other thread about using the correct firmware and uploaded that. Now S3D says T1 is an invalid extruder.

Should I re-upload the incorrect firmware to see if I can get it to work again?

And, yes, every time I have reopened S3D I check to make sure it is using the Makergear M2 Dual settings

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:22 pm

Okay, i need you to send me the factory file of the file that you are trying to print, with my profile that you tested loaded as the profile. Go to File > Save Factory File, save it to your desktop, then zip it up and either send it to me at my email address if you don't want to post it here, or just upload it below so I can take a look at it.

Don't reload the wrong firmware again - that crashing into the nozzles is from the wrong firmware and will damage the nozzles if you do it too often.

Matter of fact, if you want to PM me your phone number, it would be a lot quicker if i just call you.

no3dprintexperience

Post by no3dprintexperience » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:35 pm

Sorry, email isn't working.
Attachments
test FFF.zip
(67.02 KiB) Downloaded 387 times

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:57 pm

Just an update....problem was resolved with a different firmware. In case anyone else needs it, it's the one here, but if it's been posted anywhere on the Wiki, i can't find it yet, so this will have to do for now.
M2E-Production-SnNRd-V101 - Dual.zip
M2E-Production-SnNRd-V101 - Dual
(1.06 MiB) Downloaded 421 times

Justintime804

Post by Justintime804 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:09 pm

Jules wrote:Just an update....problem was resolved with a different firmware. In case anyone else needs it, it's the one here, but if it's been posted anywhere on the Wiki, i can't find it yet, so this will have to do for now.
M2E-Production-SnNRd-V101 - Dual.zip

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!