Upgrade

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
KeithA

Upgrade

Post by KeithA » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:40 pm

After a year of debating I finally upgraded my M2. Everything went smooth and I have set the z distance and leveled the bed. I printed the the calibration stl and noticed when x homed it was off the plate. I also notice both extruders were heating up. Ultimately it printed and measured out near perfect. The first question I have is what setting do I need to adjust so that when x homes it is on the table or does it not matter? Also I would like to try a simple 2 color model to see how well it works. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Jules

Re: Upgrade

Post by Jules » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 pm

The X is supposed to home just off the bed on your model of the Dual. And as far as dual color prints - most people head to Thingiverse - there are several there.

CocoNut's Dual Extruder Traffic Cone: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21773

KeithA

Post by KeithA » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:08 am

Next issue....

The display grid in Simplify3D is smaller than the build plate. I figured this is due to the the reduced travel distance of Tool 1. When I goto print something that goes to the edges of the grid to check level it ends up printing off of the table. I am using the default profile from Simplify3D Dual. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jules

Post by Jules » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:06 am

That's discussed in item 2. here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2984

You can offset it, so that it actually centers the print when it prints, but it's going to appear to hang off the plate in the preview. (It's a bug in S3D.)