Installing software on Upgraded Dual Extruder M2

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
Jules

Re: Installing software on Upgraded Dual Extruder M2

Post by Jules » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:03 am

Might be running a little too hot...I tend to do about 205 for PLA. (Keep that first layer from being too soft and getting squished.

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Ok, so we have also done the dual extruder upgrade. I flashed the firmware, which appeared to work successfully, however; the primary exturder heater isn't turning on. Double checked wiring, even though we didn't touch the wiring for the primary, The secondary extruder along with the heated bed turns on, but not the primary. Any ideas/suggestion?

D-Man

Post by D-Man » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm

D-Man wrote:Ok, so we have also done the dual extruder upgrade. I flashed the firmware, which appeared to work successfully, however; the primary exturder heater isn't turning on. Double checked wiring, even though we didn't touch the wiring for the primary, The secondary extruder along with the heated bed turns on, but not the primary. Any ideas/suggestion?

Think we got it all figured out. All we did is unplug everything and plug it back in and all seems to be good. Apparently it was just a loose connection.

Jules

Post by Jules » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 am

Are you trying to heat the extruders up using the jog controls? You have to specify which extruder you want to heat up, either extruder 0 (the primary) or extruder 1 in the little drop down in the Control Panel.

If you are using just the S3D settings, make sure you have the correct extruder specified as well.