How to Change the Toolhead Offsets in Simplify 3D

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
Perthos

How to Change the Toolhead Offsets in Simplify 3D

Post by Perthos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:59 am

So, I made the jump to dual extruders and getting my bearings with the upgrade. I've noticed that my dual prints color alignments are slightly off like by 0.2mm. I'm wondering how to change my toolhead offset in Simplify 3D and have it save for all future prints. I saw that if I go to preferences and machine settings I can change the offset (default Tool 1: -31.10) but when I change it to -31.30, Simplify 3D yells at me:

"You are currently using an FFF process that automatically updates the machine definition whenever that process is used. Please make your machine definition changes directly within the process settings to avoid a potential conflict."

Looking in the FFF process settings I don't see another way to change the offsets. So how do I make the toolhead offset change stick so the FFF process doesn't mess it up and change it back to default?

I'm using the dual extrusion wizard so I figure it's using the M2 profile that's build into the program. Any way to alter that profile? or maybe there's something simple I'm missing?

Phil

Re: How to Change the Toolhead Offsets in Simplify 3D

Post by Phil » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:22 pm

I think this is the right way, at least it works for me...
I had to adjust my X-position by -0.20mm and my Y-position by -0.10mm. Enter those values in the TOOL 1 offsets and check the "Apply toolhead offsets to G-Code coordinates".
Attachments
Screenshot.png

Perthos

Post by Perthos » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:07 pm

Yep that's it. Right after I posted this Q I noticed it was staring me right in the face >.< Thanks!

Perthos

Post by Perthos » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:40 am

ok... well maybe not...

Seems when I enter in the new offset into the toolhead1 X field in the Gcode tab, nothing changes in the printed part. I tried entering in several very different values while printing a few dual head calibration cubes and the parts just print the same every time regardless. The two materials are lined up really close but not dead perfect. Kind of scratching my head now...

EDIT: Ok, so my brain forgot to check the "Apply toolhead offsets to G-Code coordinates" box. All is well in the universe. I think I need more sleep...