Dual Extruder Upgrade - Limited Availability

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
3rdeyepro

Re: Dual Extruder Upgrade - Limited Availability

Post by 3rdeyepro » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:40 am

Any more dual kits available?

Dave K

Post by Dave K » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:24 am

3rdeyepro wrote:Any more dual kits available?
I don't believe they are currently shipping new kits, but I'd email info@makergear.com and ask them.

Dave K

Post by Dave K » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:34 am

I've had to take a hiatus from printing for a couple weeks due to work interfering with fun. I'm hoping to get back to it this weekend and do more with the dual extruder. I'm going to try Cura and compare it against the Simplify3D print I did, because that print was awfully messy.

Seems like most of the posts I've read about Cura were positive, compared with Simplify3D, as far as the dual extrusion support goes. Is that pretty much the consensus among those who have tried both?

hybridprint

Post by hybridprint » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:43 pm

ready to buy a machine now (to supplement my ridiculously expensive Stratasys FDM machine). really like the M2 and the reviews, being somebody with a heavy Stratasys machine, definately want something built well and very sturdy, looks like the Makergear has that going for it with the steel frame.

However, I NEED dual extruders that can do flexible filament like Ninjaflex and future ability to do high temp stuff like PC, Ultem, etc. What I'm concerned about is buying an M2 now the following concerns..

1.) is there an M3 right around the corner that comes out of the box with the new V4 dual extruders (all metal hotends installed?)
2.) is there a good chance that structual parts of the next version printer (for instance the M3 or some other name) will have a different frame, mounting components, x/y/z axis motors, rails, etc.? doing things like upgrading extruders is no big deal, but do not want to buy a machine now and find out in 3 months an M3 came out with some structural upgrades (that you can't easily upgrade a current M2 to using).

The idea is to build a multi-machine printing farm that can crank out hybrid ABS+Ninjaflex parts, so it's important that I keep all machines as similar as possible and also as future-proof as possible (yes I know this is tough with how fast technology moves, but it would be nice to get a machine that can easily be upgraded to keep with the times).

Thanks everybody, this is a great forum!

P.S.-> if any beta V4 dual-extrusion users want to do some test prints it would be greatly appreciated!

insta

Post by insta » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:01 am

I've got an idle v4 dual-strudy machine, and ABS & Ninjaflex in stock. If the part isn't trivial I'd like some money for time & materials but otherwise fire away ;)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

insta

Post by insta » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:21 pm

I think you're still anti-spammed for 2 more posts. Go comment on some things in General or something and I'll approve them.

Send me a message at my forum name [at] pingring [dot] org and lets talk about your prints.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

msmollin

Post by msmollin » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:12 am

@hybridprint I asked rick a question like that surrounding the M3, and while he wouldn't answer me directly, it sounds like they plan on supporting the M2's for the foreseeable future, what with the v4 upgrade being specifically designed for the M2.

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:00 pm

Additional dual v4 upgrades are available for pre-order. We not have a ship date yet so it will likely be a while.

Rick

Sean

Post by Sean » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 am

rpollack wrote:Additional dual v4 upgrades are available for pre-order. We not have a ship date yet so it will likely be a while.

Rick
hi Rick,
is there a video/picture of the dual v4 upgrade? is it all metal? some details would be helpful.

Sean

jsc

Post by jsc » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:02 am

More info on page 5 of this thread.