Dual Extruder Upgrade - Limited Availability

The official subforum for discussion of the installation and use of the official M2 Dual Extruder upgrade.
rpollack

Dual Extruder Upgrade - Limited Availability

Post by rpollack » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:41 pm

We are in the process of doing a short run of dual extruder upgrade components. This is limited to M2 owners and will cost $199. I do not have a specific ship date but it should be within a couple of weeks. Also, there are two versions of the new V4 hot-end, an all-metal version and a version that uses a PTFE liner. We'll get more into this at order time.

The upgrade will include all of the parts (hot ends, motor mount, filament drive, harness, etc) to upgrade an existing 24v M2. If you have an earlier M2 with dual power supplies, you'll need to upgrade to a single power supply first.

The goal here is to get user feedback before a general release of the dual-extruder. I'll post the link to the pre-order page here as soon as it is available.

Thank you,
Rick

sprior

Re: Dual Extruder Upgrade - Limited Availability

Post by sprior » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:36 am

Hmm, slightly tough call. I'm willing to pay the $199 for the upgrade and having assembled the M2 as a kit I'm OK with taking mine apart, but I've only been doing this for 2 months so there are others who could tweak the parameters better than I could. I don't want to be the guy who got one and took one away from the likes of rsilvers (who I really want to get one so I can get his settings).

So if you need some preorders or have enough for everyone who should have one, then let me know and I'm in. I also assume if there are meaningful design changes in the final batch we'd get the changes.

jsc

Post by jsc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:17 am

That's crazy talk. If you want one, you should preorder one! Stand aside for no man.

(Anyway, Rob is currently preoccupied with non-3D-printing activities, and will probably be waiting for the general release....)

jsc

Post by jsc » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:48 am

Also, given the current lack of enthusiastic response, let me add that I can't wait and I'm definitely in for one. Happy to be a guinea pig.

What is the advantage of PTFE liner vs all metal?

Dave K

Post by Dave K » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:51 am

I'm interested in one as well...I've been hoping the all metal hot end would be available soon, and if I can get an early release of the dual extruder, I'm all in!

Q*bert

Post by Q*bert » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:17 pm

I WANT ONE TOO!!!! (note the enthusiasm!)

Seriously - I'd love to be one of the early adopters. And I'm anxious to hear about the all metal hot end.

mathisyourfriend

Post by mathisyourfriend » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Any videos of the dual extruder in action?

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:13 pm

+1! Absolutely!

Dale

Q*bert

Post by Q*bert » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Very interested here!

j-rod

Post by j-rod » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:21 am

i plan on buying one as well, though i'm not yet experienced enough to put it to good use. (or do proper testing)

i will wait until they are released to the public.