Printer Cam with Zoom

Other stuff you would like to discuss...
dklassen

Re: Printer Cam with Zoom

Post by dklassen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:11 am

Thank you sir. It's an older Foscam F18910W wireless IP camera that hangs off my home network. I use a java embed code on the page hooked to a dyndns account for the URL. Pretty simple actually. I often wondered what those large blocks with all the holes were. Seems like you print a lot of them.

I find the most profitable jobs for me are prototypes and I try to stick to mostly that. Folks are usually willing to pay a decent price to actually feel their part and make design changes before they go to production. I get quite a few of those.

Let us know how that Volcano works out. I could use a little more speed.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:21 am

dklassen wrote:Thank you sir. It's an older Foscam F18910W wireless IP camera that hangs off my home network. I use a java embed code on the page hooked to a dyndns account for the URL. Pretty simple actually. I often wondered what those large blocks with all the holes were. Seems like you print a lot of them.

I find the most profitable jobs for me are prototypes and I try to stick to mostly that. Folks are usually willing to pay a decent price to actually feel their part and make design changes before they go to production. I get quite a few of those.
Yes prototypes are good. I did one for someone, actually had to do it about 6 times since he kept making tweaks to it and paid well for all 6. My problem is I don't have the time for that due to my "real" job, plus in cases where they might ask for me to do CAD I don't feel comfortable doing that yet. Also, you never know when a job is going to come in and I may not be able to devote the attention it needs, again due to my real job. So the route I'm taking is to come up with simple handy products and just let the thing print away and let Amazon and eBay do the selling. Working out pretty good so far with about 4 or 5 products. Next step is a volcano hotend to try to speed up production. I've set up a couple of shelves for "inventory" and label printers, boxes, packing, labels, etc., So when an order comes in takes just a couple of minutes for it to be ready for the postman in the morning.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

dklassen

Post by dklassen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:30 am

I hear you, I have a day job too. Most of my evenings and weekends are spent doing 3D stuff. I'm starting to get a few scanning jobs as well. My big gap right now is CAD.

I'm considering pulling the trigger on Geomagic Design X so I can reverse engineer and give my clients a scan to CAD option. It's a steep learning curve no doubt and I'm no engineer for sure.

Who knows, maybe someday I can make my exit from the corp world but for now it's a nice little side business. What's your amazon URL?

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:59 am

http://www.amazon.com/Encore3D/b/ref=bl ... n=Encore3D

They are all on Thingiverse too if anyone wants to print one
jdacal

dklassen

Post by dklassen » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:48 am

Good stuff. Looks like they are selling well.

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:30 am

Not as well as I'd like yet, but sold over 100 units in about 75 days between Amazon and eBay. Amazon seems to sell better, for some things eBay.
jdacal