Indianapolis, IN - M2 Dual for sale

A resource for used MakerGear equipment.
zemlin

Indianapolis, IN - M2 Dual for sale

Post by zemlin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:34 pm

I am preparing to sell my 2 year old M2 Rev E Dual.
It's been a great machine and I've learned a ton with it, but I've moved on to bigger machines and don't have space for it anymore.

I am in Indianapolis and don't want to mess with shipping the machine at this point, so if you are looking for an M2 and are in Central Indiana, PM me so we can exchange details.

Brand new Y-axis rail. New wire harnesses. 3 glass build beds. 2 PEI over Aluminum beds, bare aluminum, and a couple of odd balls. Custom wiring housing on the gantry. lots of spare nozzles (mainly .35mm and .5mm, but .25 and .75 as well), extra Kapton sheets, and more. Set up with Octoprint on a Raspi host. Temperature controlled enclosure, if you are interested. the enclosure is made from foil faced foam insulation, so it isn't pretty, but it works great.

If you are close enough or we can work out a teleconference arrangement (like SKYPE or whatever), I will include 8 hours of training to help you wrap your head around the process and tools.

An early picture of the heated enclosure is here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4864&hilit=+ghetto
but I've added to it since then.

My wiring housing on the gantry: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5231

I've also made a custom fan duct: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4377

Again, if you're close-ish to Indianapolis, PM me with your contact info.

karl

Phil

Re: Indianapolis, IN - M2 Dual for sale

Post by Phil » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:46 pm

I am curious as to what bigger machine(s) you have?

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Phil wrote:I am curious as to what bigger machine(s) you have?
I picked up a Raise3D N2+ this fall and have an N2 on the way. Not a perfect machine, but for the price point they're a great foundation and the primary weaknesses are pretty easy to address.

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Looks interesting.
The real weak point in dual extrusion, I think, is software. S3D is a POS for this; convoluted and difficult to use. What do you use/intend to use?

zemlin

Post by zemlin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:38 pm

I haven't run much dual. I've learned how to handle support so it breaks away easily, and I haven't had the need for dual materials, although I'm looking at a couple of small projects that would use both barrels.

I normally slice with S3d. Haven't explored much else. What's your preferred slicer for Dual, and why?

airscapes

Post by airscapes » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm

Price??

Phil

Post by Phil » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:25 pm

I have not done enough research, yet, so I use S3D. It has worked for certain things, especially with the same materials in both extruders; much more convoluted/difficult to adjust, and even set up, with different filaments. The dual ability seems to be poorly 'cobbled onto' fairly good single extrduer software. If I expound on it, it will just become a rant.