MAKERGEAR M3-ID reviews

The place to discuss the M3-ID
wbp

Re: MAKERGEAR M3-ID reviews

Post by wbp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:05 am

I've had an M3 ID for about a week or so now. one of the biggest improvements I see over the M2 (which I had previously) is the cooling fans. For one thing, I find that supports remove much more cleanly. Compared to prints made with the M2 of the same objects, overhanging sections are much cleaner.

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 pm

wbp wrote:one of the biggest improvements I see over the M2 (which I had previously) is the cooling fans.
. . . which should be good news for M2 owners. It should be pretty easy to change the fan mount on the M2 to match the design of the M3.

dramsey

Post by dramsey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:58 pm

How do you guys with the M3 ID handle multi-color prints? Are ooze shields pretty much a requirement?

zahn

Post by zahn » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 am

I am also interested in how the M3 duel extruders avoid contamination when using 2 materials. They don't have any dump/priming buckets on the side to clean their nozzles nor any system like that, is this correct? I also was wondering how well the extruders work together i.e mirror mod and how they maximize the printing space (when using both is the printer area very limited?)
Cheers

rs50pilot

Post by rs50pilot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:11 am

Each extruder is supposed to purge a little off to the side and then wipe on the first layer, It did that before I installed my PEI sheet and now after calibrating a couple times it does not hit the bed close enough to wipe it off, I'm sure that is my doing. Makergear suggests in the video to use a purge pillar and a ooze shield when printing dual colors. I have only made two multi color prints with my ID... both came out not as good as I would expect, but were small prints and I was just screwing around to see what happens. I haven't tried to dial in the dual color prints yet. I bought the ID for production. Print 20 parts in the time it takes to print 10. It really shines at that.