One last question about availability.......

General discussion topics
Mind

Re: One last question about availability.......

Post by Mind » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:42 am

I ordered a per-assembled version on Jan 8th. Supposedly it will ship Feb 6th or so..... which means there is currently a 4 week supply chain issue/snafu/heavy demand/whatever/etc

rpollack

Post by rpollack » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Orders are simply coming in faster than we can ship. we are actively scaling-up but we'll only do it in a way that does not result in a drop in product quality and support. it takes time to find/hire/train the right people. Increasing inventory is capital intensive and also takes time.

Rick

sthone

Post by sthone » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:39 pm

They say "anything worth having is worth the wait" and it this case I can't even stress how true that is, be patient it will all be worth it in the end.

-Steve

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 am

Agreed! I certainly don't mind the wait.....I gotta lotta prepping to do before my new black beauty arrives. (Like find a place for her to sit, where she won't be in a draft, and won't heat the room up too much with her hot flashes.) :lol:

jimc

Post by jimc » Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:47 am

when i got mine a year and a half ago it was an 8-9 week wait. its come down quite a bit. i used the time wisely and put it into learning my cad software.

insta

Post by insta » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 pm

rpollack wrote:Orders are simply coming in faster than we can ship. we are actively scaling-up but we'll only do it in a way that does not result in a drop in product quality and support. it takes time to find/hire/train the right people. Increasing inventory is capital intensive and also takes time.

Rick
I don't know if it's a trade secret or not, but about how many M2s are in the wild?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Toyotany

Post by Toyotany » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Ordered on Dec 26 received today Jan 26. :D

Mind

Post by Mind » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:33 pm

insta wrote:I don't know if it's a trade secret or not, but about how many M2s are in the wild?
99.9% chance that is business confidential, UNLESS the company is the market leader and about to IPO... then they want everyone to know how much they are worth :)