new owner experience ...Awesomeness

General discussion topics
kosal850

new owner experience ...Awesomeness

Post by kosal850 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:37 pm

I received my M2 printer in the mail yesterday. Assembled it as per the instructions. Had some minor hiccups in the assembly process which were my fault. Once I got the the bed leveled and the z height adjusted....this thing printed with no fuss.
Probably the best printer's I've owned to date. This is truly ready to print out of the box. I've built rostocks, mendelmax and even tried some kickstarter printers. Nothing else compares to the M2 for quality of parts and ease of use. I'm totally amazed. My first prints came out without problems, adjustments, and what not... this is going to be my goto printer from now on. You guys rock...!

I had some first prints but the file size was too large to post. gonna go order some more filament.. ! :D

Dale Reed

Re: new owner experience ...Awesomeness

Post by Dale Reed » Sun May 04, 2014 7:15 pm

kosal850,

Looks like you got through the problem with the limit switch wiring. Excellent! Yes, please post some photos (640x480 works well) of your prints -- especially if you design and print something new. We have a board for that here (rather than the General Discussion board).

Welcome to the fun!
Dale

imsmooth

Post by imsmooth » Sun May 04, 2014 11:15 pm

I'm looking to get a printer. why did you settle with the M2 and not others? What was your selection process?

Thanks.

jsc

Post by jsc » Mon May 05, 2014 2:04 am

Hello, insmooth. We went through this exercise fairly recently, see: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37

Also note the Google Groups thread linked from my response, that has a lot of information too.