Warping and bed temps

General discussion topics
YetiMonster

Warping and bed temps

Post by YetiMonster » Wed May 07, 2014 10:34 am

Hi everyone, i have a M2 and i love it.

i know this topic is not new and is a common issue. I have been printing for a few months now and have always had issues with warping on large flat objects weather it be PLA or ABS. I was reading a few posts about how to fix it and i few people have said they lower the bed temp after the first layer, down about 10 degrees.

Would lowering the temp over a few layers work better? i say this because if the issue with warping is when the freshly laid layers cool down faster as it is not as close to the heated bed, it shrinks, causing the first few layers that are closer to the heated bed to pull up. if you were to lower the bed temps with respect to the height of the fresh layer so it would all be the same temp.

i noticed in S3D you can add custom bed temps for different layers.

i hope im making sense..

Your thoughts?

jimy_f_84

Re: Warping and bed temps

Post by jimy_f_84 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:57 am

I have that issue also, still working on fixing it, but i will try to lower the bed temps even more and see what happens.
Jamil F

Toby

Re: Warping and bed temps

Post by Toby » Fri May 09, 2014 3:53 am

So your idea is to gradually reduce the bed temp and try to match the cooling that is taking place at layers further and further from the bed? Sort of like "Don't raise the bridge, lower the river."

Somehow my intuition is telling me there's more than one variable involved in the cooling as you go up in layers, so only manipulating the one variable of bed temp won't be enough to even it all out, but I can't find a way to make that precise.

So give it a try and see what happens!

There's always good old elmers and/or hairspray if it doesn't work.