3D Hubs Printer Guide

General discussion topics
thunderbt3

3D Hubs Printer Guide

Post by thunderbt3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:36 pm

Not really a surprise for the M2....Congrats Makergear!

http://www.3dhubs.com/best-3d-printer-guide
http://www.3dhubs.com/3d-printers

The company I work for finally got an RMA to ship back a 5th Gen Makerbot Z18...what a disaster. It wasn't in my department, but the guys working with the machine constantly came to me to help them with issues. I brought in sample prints, a cube gear, and a herringbone planetary gear set printed on the M2 and they were blown away...

rpollack

Re: 3D Hubs Printer Guide

Post by rpollack » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:06 pm

We are extremely appreciative of the support that we get from the MakerGear community. MakerGear was started in my garage and it is a challenging, stressful and on-going process of transforming from a maker into a manufacturer. We are not VC funded, we operate off revenue, and continue to do our engineering, assembly/testing and custom manufacturing locally in NE Ohio. We've also been hiring engineers and we are actively working on new products as we intend to continue earning your support.

Thank You,
Rick

insta

Post by insta » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:09 pm

And then you have people like me who continually "help" you revise your design and exercise your creative problem solving and diagnostics skills :lol:

edit: the M2 is the only machine I found on there with a 100% recommendation rate. That's amazing.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

jdacal

Post by jdacal » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:43 pm

One of those sample prints is mine! :mrgreen: Could have been better.
jdacal

live print feed: http://enctrading.com/printcam/
See me Crash and Burn in Real time!

jimc

Post by jimc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:16 am

Well its nice to know new products are in development. Hopefully an m3 will be a available when my m2 is due for an upgrade

sprior

Post by sprior » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:05 am

I don't really understand what the review is talking about by noise - is it the fan noise they're objecting to? The operation of the stepper motors seems pretty quiet to me, but I do run it in my basement, not next to an office desk. Are other machines really that much quieter?

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:22 pm

I think they did what the MAKE Magazine guys did in 2013 -- they ran their M2 on a hollow metal desk. I have mine on an antique walnut desk with a thick glass top. When I start a print and leave the room, you can't hear it on the other side of the door. And this is an old house with doors that are loose in the frame, resonant, and with the bottom cut up to clear no-longer-there wall-to-wall carpet.

The room my M2 is in is right next to our bedroom. Believe me, if it were "loud" my wife would not let me run overnight prints!

Dave K

Post by Dave K » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Nice job, everyone at MakerGear!