Buying printed parts

General discussion topics
therenegademaster

Buying printed parts

Post by therenegademaster » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:33 pm

I overtighted and cracked one of the 3d printed plastic parts of my M2. The printer still prints, but it's much less accurate, not accurate enough to print a quality replacement part.

I see that there's a page to order replacement parts, but I couldn't find a place to order the printed parts. Also, while I was able to locate the part in the exploded diagram PDF, I can't find the corresponding part on Github.

The part in question is on page 10 of the "M2_Assembly.pdf" and is labeled as Item No. 3, "3D Printed: Nema 17 5:1 Top Clamp".

Does anyone know how to get this replacement part?

Brad

insta

Re: Buying printed parts

Post by insta » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:11 pm

I'll print the thicker one for you that's on Thingiverse tonight and mail it tomorrow if nobody else speaks up by then. You ok with $10 via PayPal to cover plastic & shipping?
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

therenegademaster

Post by therenegademaster » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:39 pm

That would be awesome, thank you! $10 is fine.

sthone

Post by sthone » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:50 pm

All the original part files can be found here http://makergear.wikidot.com/m2-components if you want to print a new one yourself. Keep in mind some of them are older versions specifically the one you need is. Like Insta said there are beefed up version on thingiverse though.

-Steve

benavery

Post by benavery » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 am

The motor mount (I believe the piece that is being described as broke) has been beefed up on the Makergear wiki too.
I have seen of people zip-tieing it closed in an attempt to get enough rigidity to print out a replacement mount that is close enough

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:30 am

one thing i think makergear should do is put a folder on the sd card containing the stl files for all the plastic parts on the machine.

therenegademaster

Post by therenegademaster » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Could someone please post a link to the part on Thingiverse, so I can see what you're referring to?

I cracked my part because I noticed that the extruder seemed to have a little "give" and rotate in the mount and I overtightened the screws. I'm curious what the new version of the part looks like.

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

They are noy on thingiverse. Only ones there are user made ones. All the makeger files are in the link steve posted above.

KiddingMe

Post by KiddingMe » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:33 pm

Any idea where the newer extruder motor mount file can be found? The extruder motor mount that came with my recently purchased m2 appears to be a improved version of the one found in the link above. Perhaps the image is old but the actual file is for the updated version?

jimc

Post by jimc » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:59 pm

not sure. here is the one i use. its just slightly beefier than the original and has the hole removed. i printed it in abs 80% infill and its been rock solid on my machine now for the past year. rotate it 180 to sit on the platform to print it. i downloaded this off thingiverse a long time ago. not sure who designed it.
M2_Extruder_Motor_Mount.STL.zip
(231.41 KiB) Downloaded 371 times