Whoops! Sorry!

General discussion topics
Jules

Whoops! Sorry!

Post by Jules » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 am

Got so danged excited when it got here that I posted that to the wrong forum. This is most definitely not a "How-to" guide. :oops:

It's here!
(Current excitement levels can be measured in gigajoules.)
fireworks.gif
fireworks.gif (118.78 KiB) Viewed 7872 times
And:
1. It's a much nicer looking machine than the photos of it on the internet show. Anyone wondering wether to buy it assembled...wonder no more - there is no way on earth I could get all those cables rounded up so neatly. (This thing is GOR-geous!)
2. I want to know what the settings are for those sample prints - that's about a hundred times better than I expected this machine to produce. They don't look like they need any cleanup at all.

(And whoever decided to toss in the candy deserves a raise - very classy, and gives you the energy to get all the peanuts rounded up.) :D

I do have one question for the experts....does anybody recognize where the little black hex screw shown below belongs? It rolled out from under the heated bed when I unpacked it, but I can't see anywhere it might belong.....all the other ones I can see on the machine are silver, and larger than that one. (I put the smallest one from the spares pack next to it for sizing.) It's so small I can't really tell if it's sheared off or not.
IMG0117.jpg
(381.53 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
Would that maybe be from inside the hotend? (I did see something that looked a little bit like that in the writeup for that.) The nozzle seems really firmly seated in the hotend though.

insta

Re: Whoops! Sorry!

Post by insta » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:41 am

It might be a spare screw...

Enjoy the machine! :)
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:46 am

Okay, that's what i was hoping, but figured I'd better ask before running through the tests. Thanks insta!

KiddingMe

Post by KiddingMe » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:56 am

Is the black screw plastic? If so they are used to mount the Rambo board to the enclosure. Maybe check if all four of yours are installed.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 am

Yes, it is plastic. I'll see if they are all there. (Dangit - that means I've got to take this apart.) Bummer!

jimc

Post by jimc » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:10 am

Just open the lid on the elec box. There are 4 of those black plastic screws coming up from the bottom, go through the board and have a black plastic nut on each. You should be able to see 4 black nuts there. If not then the one screw came out. I dont even see how that would be possible though since with the box in place on the machine they cant fall out.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:30 am

Yep! That was exactly what it was, but there are four little black screws attached to the spacers....so that one must have been an extra that just fell onto the bed.

You guys most assuredly rock! 8-)