finally the printer we have all been waiting for

General discussion topics
jsc

Re: finally the printer we have all been waiting for

Post by jsc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:32 pm

I would guess the setting time per volume of resin is similar, but there is no peel and wipe sequence, it just goes continuously.

Dale Reed

Post by Dale Reed » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Greybear wrote:I'm waiting for the Belgian Waffle printer.
My brother would take the pancake printer, change the bed to refrigerated (peltier junctions might make it do heated OR refrigerated - just flip the bed!), add a little heater to the dispenser and have it print chocolate.

About the time I got the dual extruder for my M2, somebody pointed out an article about folks grinding up difficult-for-some-people-to-eat foods, say, carrots, and printing out the same food with the mush, making an easier-to-chew version of the same food. So I said printing carrots out of carrots: NOT very creative. Having the dual, I wanted to have one extruder print the red, meaty part of bacon, and the other extruder print the white fatty part of the bacon. Now, you could print fancier bacon, with custom shapes. You could have Marriott Logo bacon --- just don't ship a case of it to the Hilton!!! But what I wanted to do was print a red shell with white filling and have apples made of bacon. Then I could claim to be getting my daily fruits.

With the chocolate printer, I could take white chocolate and green food coloring and print broccoli, string beans, etc. Now I'd be getting my daily fruits AND veggies. (I use that story a lot at STEM events -- like the one Wednesday evening -- to get folks thinking creatively...)

Rick, having met me in person, could surely explain to you WHY I need to get my daily fruits and veggies. (But that would require cutting down on bacon and chocolate, and Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies... :-( Not gonna happen!!!)

Dale

Jules

Post by Jules » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Thin Mint prints. Mind blown. :shock: