General discussion topics
dbkarmann

any tips to prevent delamination

Post by dbkarmann » Fri May 23, 2014 12:28 am

prints look good just having problems with prints delaminating

jimc

Re: any tips to prevent delamination

Post by jimc » Fri May 23, 2014 2:23 am

as in delaminating from the print bed or the part themselves are cracking and pulling apart..bad layer adhesion? what kind of plastic?

dbkarmann

Post by dbkarmann » Thu May 29, 2014 12:33 pm

sorry i posted back awhile back thought it was waiting to be approved and never was posted

my parts are delaminating in the middle of the prints they are perfect at the bottom and top

jsc

Post by jsc » Thu May 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Delamination in the middle of prints when using ABS is a perennial issue. It depends on your model, but if you're getting it, there are no easy solutions. I'm assuming, by the way, you're using ABS, as that is the most common problem plastic for delamination.

You can try various tweaks to see if it works for your particular case: lower layer height, wider extrusion width, lower temperature, higher temperature...

Easier: switch to PLA. If PLA is not an option, there are high strength heat tolerant plastics that do not have as much shrinkage as ABS.

More involved solution: heated bed chamber. There are some threads on that. There is an easier one based around an Ikea-sourced box, and a design that Tony was working on that is very nice but very involved, requiring a partial rebuild of the M2. I don't know if he ever finished...