Securing your bed: Binder clips, none, or other?

General discussion topics
sthone

Re: Securing your bed: Binder clips, none, or other?

Post by sthone » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Granted they were on there a long time (at least a year) and that is my ABS printer so my bed is pretty much always at 110°.

Jules

Post by Jules » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:52 pm

I got to thinking about it, and I might have to remove the PEI coated plate about once every 20 or 30 prints (ie: whenever i print something round that doesn't have a convenient corner to pry up and get the removal started) so making it easy to drop in the plate is just not that much of an issue for me. Might just wait. (PEI lets go so well when it's cool that I don't have to take draconian measures with it very often.)

Still a damn cool design though. :D

jhaupt

Post by jhaupt » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:04 am

I just recently (two days ago) got to trying ePC and love it. I'm going to reprint mine with that too. The PETG softening hasn't been an issue for me runnign just PLA and PETG but that's obviously not going to be the case going forward with ePC.

By the way, this is off topic but ePC seems to me to be a wonder filament. Is anyone else using ePC almost exclusively at this point? For mechanical parts I don't really see a reason to use PLA or PETG anymore. Specific colors, wood filaments, and certain transparency will keep them on my shelf but that might be it. And I just ordered some Polymaker PC-Plus which I expect to be the same thing (similar price too), but it's also available in white and black.