Esun black petg kicking my hiney

General discussion topics
desman

Esun black petg kicking my hiney

Post by desman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:22 pm

Getting it to stick to the purple glue this morning so I could calibrate it had me pulling my hair out. I went as high as 255c but it seemed to be bubbling so I dropped back to 245c and 90c bed. I finally brought the skirt to zero offset and was able to get it to stick long enough to print the cube outline. I just sprayed the glass with aquanet so I will see how it sticks to that. Speed is at 3600 mm/min. and first layer is at 50%. I read and reread the esun petg thread and that only makes it more frustrating when you cannot get it to work of yourself.

Jules

Re: Esun black petg kicking my hiney

Post by Jules » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Several even coats of hairspray, sprayed on the glass while it is cold, works pretty well. I had really good luck doing the hairspray over Kapton tape, with bed temp of 85°.

And I hate to say it, because it costs more $$$, but my favorite by far has been that Zebra plate. Just run the temp in the 85-87° range, and you don't need to do anything else except let it cool before removing the print. (Which then pops right off with no drama.) :D

PcS

Post by PcS » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 pm

If z height and bed level is good a few coats of hairspray bed 70C Extruder 255C For a V4 extruder.

sthone

Post by sthone » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:46 am

I run the black petg at 250 and 75 with Elmers purple glue and it sticks great. Are you putting the glue stick on heavy or light?

What I do is when the bed is cold (and clean) I put it on real light in two coats. The first coat running forward to back back then switch to left right when applying the second coat. (these are done back to back never picking up the stick.) I then heat the bed up and it should be dry by the time it gets to temp. Haven't had any problems since trying the glue stick I use it for ABS too. Once it cools down and you hear some cracking sounds you know its time to get your print.

-Steve

Matt_Sharkey

Post by Matt_Sharkey » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:28 pm

I'm over here like "I print PETG black on bare glass and it sticks too good...."

100C bed temp (even worked at 90C),keep it squeaky clean. get it level and the z-offset right, you will have no problems.

PcS

Post by PcS » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:52 pm

I think petg would stick to Teflon if you ran the print bed hot.enough !!! Lol

honjohnest

Post by honjohnest » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:17 pm

I put a purple glue stick in a small plastic bottle with a anteater spout. I then add distilled water and use that each time I print. Just squirt out a puddle and wipe it around the bed's surface with an old pair of underwear. It works great! Your are welcomed in advance...

innkeeper

Post by innkeeper » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:42 am

Jules wrote:Several even coats of hairspray, sprayed on the glass while it is cold, works pretty well. I had really good luck doing the hairspray over Kapton tape, with bed temp of 85°.

And I hate to say it, because it costs more $$$, but my favorite by far has been that Zebra plate. Just run the temp in the 85-87° range, and you don't need to do anything else except let it cool before removing the print. (Which then pops right off with no drama.) :D
don't rush it like i have done.. really let it cool :)
M2 - MKS SBase w Smoothieware, GLCD, 24v, Upg Z & extruder stepper - IR bed leveling, Astrosyn dampers X/Y/Z, MIC 6, Zebra, PEI, & glass Build Plates - E3D, V3B Hotends, & more - many other 3d printers - production printing.

Jules

Post by Jules » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 am

innkeeper wrote:
Jules wrote:Several even coats of hairspray, sprayed on the glass while it is cold, works pretty well. I had really good luck doing the hairspray over Kapton tape, with bed temp of 85°.

don't rush it like i have done.. really let it cool :)
Yeah, that icon of yours is a pretty vivid reminder! :shock: :(

(Never gave me a bit of trouble with PETG though - I think it comes off easier than ABS.)

3dPrintingMD

Post by 3dPrintingMD » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:30 am

I print eSun PETG @ 3200, Outline Speed of 50, First Layer Speed of 50.

I only use hairspray.
M2 - V4, MIC-6 Build Plate, Astrosyn Damper's(X/Y), Rev. E, Geeetech LCD

S3D - FFF Settings https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367
Print Quality Troubleshooting https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/