36 hours and counting!

General discussion topics
helifrek

36 hours and counting!

Post by helifrek » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:07 am

I have to take a moment from my day and brag on the M2 really quick. I got a fairly large order with about a week deadline recently. Of course I was out of the color the person wanted and wouldn't you know it, my extruder pinion gear had to finally wear out on me at the same time.
Makergear quickly shipped out my new extruder motor, I installed it and ran a quick calibration cube and it was perfect the first time! My plastic came in Thursday (yesterday) at noon and I immediately started printing, So far I have 6 parts printed with 8 more to go, the machine has not been shutoff in the past 36 hours and just keeps on truckin!!! It has only had short breaks while I pop off the finished part and start the next part!

Fingers crossed the next day or two goes just as smooth!

Also, I am using a new (to me) filament, sainsmart. Comes on a cheapo cardboard spool but it seems to stick to the bed well and I haven't had a single issue with it either. Also oozes much less than the other stuff I use, so thumbs up for that as well.

PcS

Re: 36 hours and counting!

Post by PcS » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:00 pm

You have me beat ! I regularly run 24 hr plus prints !!! Can't say as I have done one 36 or so though. :D The M2 is as solid of a machine as one can buy !!! I Love my auto leveling !!!! Thanks to maker gear for the beta kit !!!! I think they should offer it as an option at purchase !!!

helifrek

Post by helifrek » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, I shouldn't have opened my mouth so soon! I am printing from the SD card but left the printer plugged into the computer and windows decided to do some weird update and stopped the print :evil: I went to bed for a little while and stated the print up again at 6:30 am and made sure to unplug it this time. Turning the computer back on was kind of creepy, the screen was getting brighter then going back darker and words were just appearing like "don't worry, all your files are where you left them" and I couldn't do anything....

Anyways......

I wish I had auto-level! I don't know much about using auto-level but is it a firmware thing or does it work with your slicer?

I am about ready for the M3 to come out! with a 12x12x12 build area, auto level, wifi connectivity, dual heads, a built in expresso machine, candy dispenser......... maybe Rick will read this and start working on it today! :)

PcS

Post by PcS » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Auto level changes the filament drive holder to allow a mounting spot for the probe and a marlin swap a few settings tweaks and bam.....no more leveling to deal with ! download/file.php?id=2160 link to photo of kit.

helifrek

Post by helifrek » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Well that looks simple enough! Will have to put that on my list of upgrades!

insta

Post by insta » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 am

My longest successful print was 74 hours. 2.7lb in a single go.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

PcS

Post by PcS » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Wow !!!! Got pictures ? Would love to see that thing !!!!

insta

Post by insta » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:38 am

I don't, unfortunately. It was a master for a sand mold, and took up the entire bed, and was about 5" tall.
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

PcS

Post by PcS » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:04 am

Dang !!! color me interested !!! My M2 purchase was based on prototypes for steel parts !!! I want my steel printer Dang it !!! lol :D