Modular M2 Cabinet

General discussion topics
ednisley

Re: Modular M2 Cabinet

Post by ednisley » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:33 am

pyronaught wrote:a full size 4' x 8' CNC router that I can't afford and don't have space for
So. Those shop expansion plans are coming along nicely, yes?

C'mon, tool fever's got a hold on you, I can tell ... [grin]

insta

Post by insta » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:49 pm

pyronaught wrote:The labor intensive way I'm making them would make them cost as much as your M2, then they are one solid piece that does not come apart so shipping charges would be multiple hundreds of dollars on top of that for freight shipping. They would have to be fabricated a completely different way using a full size 4' x 8' CNC router that I can't afford and don't have space for.
Those sound like you problems, not me problems :mrgreen:
Custom 3D printing for you or your business -- quote [at] pingring.org

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:09 am

Spotopolis wrote:It would be a good idea to cut the pieces for a fourth one while you're at it since you guys with multiple printers seem to have them just appearing all the time!

Turns out I should have taken your advice-- 6th printer on the way now. The awesome thing is I didn't even have to pay for it... the company I'm doing work for bought it for me to increase the number of units I can print per day!
Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Spotopolis

Post by Spotopolis » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:15 pm

That is AWESOME! You might need to build a few more hydrogen generators to run your M2 farm!

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:59 am

Spotopolis wrote:That is AWESOME! You might need to build a few more hydrogen generators to run your M2 farm!
Yeah this is a pretty sweet gig I have going on. They are buying me a MIG welder too :)

pyronaught

Post by pyronaught » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:14 am

The hive is all setup now. All printers leveled and fitted with PEI plates, noise dampers, OctoPrint w/WiFi and a dedicated UPS on each unit. The only thing left is to run a new power line to my office, since running 9 printers at once in addition to my PC and whatever lights are in the room would trip the 20 amp breaker!
the_hive.jpg